Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP needed badly

Options
  • 26-08-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Hi really hoping someone can help me out here.

My anti-Virus picked up an attack and I put it into the vault. A program called Total Security then said my pc was under attack and has a million different viruses and that I should sign up to get them removed, So I reset the computer hoping it would go away.

Then I came back on to the pc and it wont let anything else start up, it just runs the scan, it changed my background picture to "Warning your computer is in danger".

I'm fairly useless when it comes to computers so anyhelp would be much appriciated. I tried to get task manager open to stop the program and t comes up that the "application cannot be executed". This also comes up when I go to the control pannel and try to remove it.

Thanks for any help in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Its nasty one. Pain. Start thinking of saving important pictures and documents. What ever you do dont go to there website and pay. I'm sure a better answer will appear , how could it not. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Can you try running the steps and posting the logs mentioned in this thread please?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Ran the steps and the Malwarebytes worked a treat. Thanks for the great advice in the sticky and sorry for not actually reading it first rather than making a thread like an idiot ;)

Advertisement