Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selfish bugger!!

Options
  • 26-08-2009 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i have me head up me arse!!!! theres an opening line for ye!! :) basically been seeing this cool girl for last 3 months. well she 32 im...slightly younger!!:). it been really great.
    prob is im unemployed and have been for a while. the area im in is not doing too well and jobs are really scarce. was family business and is all i know how to do so job hunting is really hard. Finances aren't too great as i'm sure alot are aware on social is crap.
    prob is i get in really dark moods when it all gets on top of me and have to admit have ignore few txts. not cause she annoying or anything just cant get the effort up to answer. This isnt helping me either as i feel total ****e for being a..well....p***k to her. thinking maybe be best to split up till i can sort meself out instead of mis-treating but really like her. not great at the old relationship talks so havent really said too much to her bout though she knows something up. is it too selfish to keep her hanging on. kill me if she meet someone else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

headuparse wrote: »
    i have me head up me arse!!!! theres an opening line for ye!! :) basically been seeing this cool girl for last 3 months. well she 32 im...slightly younger!!:). it been really great.
    prob is im unemployed and have been for a while. the area im in is not doing too well and jobs are really scarce. was family business and is all i know how to do so job hunting is really hard. Finances aren't too great as i'm sure alot are aware on social is crap.
    prob is i get in really dark moods when it all gets on top of me and have to admit have ignore few txts. not cause she annoying or anything just cant get the effort up to answer. This isnt helping me either as i feel total ****e for being a..well....p***k to her. thinking maybe be best to split up till i can sort meself out instead of mis-treating but really like her. not great at the old relationship talks so havent really said too much to her bout though she knows something up. is it too selfish to keep her hanging on. kill me if she meet someone else.

Assuming you do want to stay with her, could you not just talk to her about it. You need to cop on for like 5 minutes and be honest to the girl, she deserves that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i know i should be honest and i will but what do i say.."like you alot but can we leave it for a while??" i do like her but at mo feels like an extra strain to try keep someone else happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

+100000 on all of that.

Firstly the depression is not helping.

However if you can't even be bothered to call her and tell her how you feel then let her get with a guy who will. I mean depressed or not a text or a call could really help. She may very well come to your help too!

Dude stop reading posts here (which you are able to write) and send it to HER not us!!! For god sake man, I don't matter a damn to ya but she does. Cop on to your priorities here and do it. It will make things easier.

AND GO TO THE DOCTOR! NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for all responces and they really helped. i have gone to the docs and he reackons the same, depression, so i've explained to the girl best i could and we've slpit up. and yeah she was really understanding and wanted to help but doc reackons best to do it on my own 1st.
    thanks again.

• Advertisement

headuparse wrote: »
    thanks for all responces and they really helped. i have gone to the docs and he reackons the same, depression, so i've explained to the girl best i could and we've slpit up. and yeah she was really understanding and wanted to help but doc reackons best to do it on my own 1st.
    thanks again.

Ok it's brilliant you went to the doc. Well done. It's tough to do and it's a huge step. You're on the road to recovery now! :)

However, what doc tells you to break up with someone? Surely a good support network is essential! But if you don't want to be with her then it's the right thing to do.

Keep at it man, well done again!

Advertisement