Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remote Backup Query

• 26-08-2009 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭

I've got a bit of a tricky one well to me it is.

I've got 150 sites that I need to backup on a weekly basis. All sites have broadband. I need to backup a database of about 500mb.. We're getting fibre into our office to handle this.

But what would you recommend as a way of storage. A tape device on each site is not a workable option. Also i want to keep the data seperate to our data.

Should I go down a NAS box or is a SAN server what I need.

On the above what would people recommend. I know there is companies out there that provide this sort of a service.. But as you could imagine 150 x 1500 for limted storage is not going to happen in this envoirment.

Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johnmd

roryq wrote: »
    I've got a bit of a tricky one well to me it is.

I've got 150 sites that I need to backup on a weekly basis. All sites have broadband. I need to backup a database of about 500mb.. We're getting fibre into our office to handle this.

But what would you recommend as a way of storage. A tape device on each site is not a workable option. Also i want to keep the data seperate to our data.

Should I go down a NAS box or is a SAN server what I need.

On the above what would people recommend. I know there is companies out there that provide this sort of a service.. But as you could imagine 150 x 1500 for limted storage is not going to happen in this envoirment.

Any help would be great

Sounds like a lot of pain/cost for what your trying to achieve 500mb is tiny amount of data ,just use an offsite backup service,loads based in Dublin/ireland. Google for some providers/prices etc.

Advertisement