Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex at EP 2009

Options
  • 26-08-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im heading down to Electric Picnic next week and I cant wait. I really love going to gigs and hanging out with mates at festivals.

There is just one thing that’s worrying me. My recent ex will be working down there. He works in the Industry and is a good looking friendly guy. I just know there will be girls around him or possibly with him. I am feeling sick at the thought of bumping into him there, seeing him will be hard and even harder if I see him with a girl. I am worried it could ruin the weekend for me, or that I may get messy drunk and cry and I really, really don’t want to do that as I have been looking forward to this for ages. I am already half thinking I need to look really nice incase he sees me which is so stupid as its over.

He broke up with me, and I had a hard time dealing with it. I spoke with him recently and he said he still loves me to bits but is enjoying his life and doesn’t want to be in a relationship. He was calling me the odd time when he was drunk then ignoring my calls after. It all really messed me up an its taken all my will power to have positive thoughts. I just feel really low at the moment as I keep thinking he is having more fun or has forgotten me. It will be hard not to think of him when I am at the festival. There are a load of us going down in a van and I would be so embarrased if I acted emotional about it, as I don’t want to ruin it for anyone. I am just afraid it will be hard for me to take. I never wanted to break up, we were together 5 years.

Not sure what advice I am after. Maybe I need to just snap out of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The absolute best thing you could do is to take it easy on the drink. The messy drunk and crying thing can be pretty mortifying and also can lead to stalking/confronting him, possibly with other people around to see you do it. (been there! got the 'Jesus I'm glad I broke up with you you loony bin' tshirt)

Your friends will understand that you're gonna be a bit upset if you run across him, hopefully they'll also help to propel you quickly in the other direction if he pops up. If you do see him try to make a point of moving off to another stage/act/go on the chair-a-planes/bar/pie tent sharpish.

Nothing wrong with looking great in case you come across him while there :) No harm in showing him what he's missing, and you never know who else you might meet down there. Just definitely, definitely don't do the messy drunk thing, you'll only regret it and then have to live with either making a plank of yourself in front of your friends or in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

dont be worrying bout it you go enjoy the gig. i had the same prob as i dumped my fiance (long story) and was going to bon jovi in punchestown and she lived in monasterevin and she loved bon jovi as did i and i was hoping i didnt meet her and i didnt i was wondering over nothing. ep will be packed so you might not have anything to worry bout meeting him again and go and enjoy yourself with your friends and mind the drink,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

Listen the site is huge so chances are you won't even see him.

And another thing he will be in a Hi-Vis if he is working there so just keep your eyes peeled and you will see him before he see's you and you can avoid him.

Have a great time at the Picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks guys.

Your right, I have to try not get to drunk. I am a lightwieght though. Ill have to pace myself and warn my mates to watch me. And I might leave my phone in my tent or with a friend....I deleted his number but I do know it.

It would be great if I saw him on his own have a quick hello and that’s it. But knowing my luck Ill prob be on my own at some stage on the last day, where I look like a junkie and bump into him when he is with a few girls fresh from the VIP area and he will introduce me, Ill say something stupid and then go cry in a portaloo!

But no, I would hate to regret anything, so I am going to try my hardest not to fall apart and enjoy the music and try and chat with some other nice men down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

But no, I would hate to regret anything, so I am going to try my hardest not to fall apart and enjoy the music and try and chat with some other nice men down there.

Good for you!

Hey also there probably wont be a decent phone signal so never fear!

• Advertisement
Advertisement