Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose of Tralee Contestants 50 or 32??

Options
  • 26-08-2009 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi,
    Here's something that we were chatting about this morning.There are 50 ladies in the Rose of Tralee this year ok?however only 32 are being interviewed on TV.So are the other 18 in the running to win the title?And what criteria was used to pick 32 that would be interviewed on TV?If anyone knows I'd be interested to find out!!Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

And what criteria was used to pick 32 that would be interviewed on TV?If anyone knows I'd be interested to find out!!Thanks
    They lost out on the game of rock/paper/scissors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

i think for the irish roses anyway, thee are semi finals and only 8 irish roses are picked, most counties have a rose these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dmullins3

are you sure you have your facts right? im fairly certain that there is only 32 contestants. this is the 50th yr of the rose of tralee if it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Hi,
    Here's something that we were chatting about this morning.There are 50 ladies in the Rose of Tralee this year ok?however only 32 are being interviewed on TV.So are the other 18 in the running to win the title?And what criteria was used to pick 32 that would be interviewed on TV?If anyone knows I'd be interested to find out!!Thanks

I think what they said is all 50 of the past roses were there in the dome.....they were all sitting together.

There were only 32 roses contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I think what they said is all 50 of the past roses were there in the dome.....they were all sitting together.

There were only 32 roses contestants.

Yeah I agree here with NGA and not because of his new found power ;):D but because that's what I read in one of the papers during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Hi,

It was all sorted out on Radio Kerry this morning. 50 contestants came to Tralee this year. On Sunday the regionals for the UK Centres and the New Centres was held and this reduced it to 32.

Advertisement