Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS: change font size in stylesheet

Options
  • 26-08-2009 2:08pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry very noob question here. I just want to take the text size down a tad, but I can't work out where do change it.

Attacehd is the stylesheet from my wordpress template. Can anyone see where I modify this?
    Thanks!
    style.txt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

All the lines with font-size
    Find/Find Next your way through it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok cheers I've gone through all of them but none seem to be the one I'm looking for

Maybe I'm doing something stupid.

I even tried adding: "font-size:10px;" to this:
    body {
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    text-align:center;
    color:#555;
    font-family:Arial,sans-serif;
    background:#eee url("images/bg.png") repeat-x top center;
    }

but still nothing. Any idea? This is the site btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Get yourself the Firebug add-on for Firefox. Right click on the text you want to size, choose inspect element and it will tell you what lines in the css are affecting the style. It's especially useful as some elements like td's and li's don't inherit the styles 'well'. Would also be a good idea to avoid using both pixels or ems - stick to one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Styles in the body tag won't overwrite other styles.

e.g. the CSS class called myclass in this example will overwrite the styles for the body tag.
    [html]
    <body>
    <div class="myclass">
    blah
    </div>
    </body>
    [/html]

It might be this part of your CSS:
    #content (line 152)
    {
    margin-left: 260px;
    font-size: 16px;
    background-color: transparent;
    background-image: none;
    background-repeat: repeat;
    background-attachment: scroll;
    background-position: 0% 0%;
    padding-left: 15px;
    padding-right: 15px;
    }

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 oMega_2093

I would recommend you use pt for font size measuring. Verdana 10pt is this font in the forum. I personally find more confortable with pt measuring for fonts, and px measuring for object dimensions.

But, by the way, can you please paste or point the text you want to change size?

• Advertisement
Advertisement