Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Loch Ness Monster

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

below the surface, yeah right :rolleyes: loch ness is pitch black, nothing can be seen below the surface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Looks more like one of the monsters sperm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

A boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

So what you're saying is that it's not a speed boat and its wake?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

looks like a big ass jelly fish

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

Might have been placed on the image by Google to see who might find it?

Cant see the image clearly as I'm logging on through a VPN to my PC in Dublin and the filter dosent allow news here.
    Looks like a boat to me ... Speeding through the water...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I, for one, welcome our Loch Ness overlords

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Loch ness isnt physically old enough to have a population of prehistoric creatures.
    Also IF a plesiosaur or something had manged to crawl there in the last 10,000 years(70 million years after they became extinct)..the glacier that swept the lough several thousand years back would've obliterated them.
    The Monster is nothing more that a folk tale illstrated with hoaxes,deliberate lies and too much drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Loch Ness monster?
    Ridiculous
    It's obviously Cthulhu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

That's not Nessie, it's Big Foot on his summer holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Is that they ghost of Michael Jackson on the left...?:eek:

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Scien wrote: »
    So in 2008 Scottish Scientists spent possibly thousands searching for a Monster.

That definitely beats our E-Voting Machines shambles.

Give it time..OUR government spent billions on trying to get people to cycle to work then laid them all off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Is that they ghost of Michael Jackson on the left...?:eek:

No, thats its babies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Hagar wrote: »
    That's not Nessie, it's Big Foot on his summer holidays.

Ah yeah, waterskiing off the back of the boat. I see him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So in 2008 Scottish Scientists spent possibly thousands searching for a Monster.

Sorry, but that's actually genius. The area gets massive amounts of money from gullible Americans who believe such a monster does/could exist.

By sending in sonar and high-tech equipment and coming back saying, "We didn't find anything, but it's a big lake, anything could be out there", they perpetuate the ignorance and bring more money to Scotland.

Genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

:eek:

Its a wave:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I think this may be a trick...I tried to save the picture and it asked for 3.50

<_<
    >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Except we didn't spend thousands....it was in the order of 50 million plus storage fees.

Frankly that thing on gmaps looks like a fisherman's boat with an o/b engine.

I have a problem with the pleiosaur theory for Loch Ness as well...logically it can't really be. I like the theory on indigenous monster eels better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Its my MA . Leave her alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

It looks like a large squid to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

holly1 wrote: »
    It looks like a large squid to me.

A large squid thats visible from space? That must be monstrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

syklops wrote: »

Well, it can't be seen from space. Unless astronaut's eye's have a zoom function that I hadn't heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Wertz wrote: »
    Except we didn't spend thousands....it was in the order of 50 million plus storage fees.

Frankly that thing on gmaps looks like a fisherman's boat with an o/b engine.

I have a problem with the pleiosaur theory for Loch Ness as well...logically it can't really be. I like the theory on indigenous monster eels better.

So did Steve Alten, as he put a dead conger eel on the shore as a hoax to promote his book "The Loch"

Although it has been proven that female eel (of the freshwater variety) that get lake locked and unable to return to the sea to spawn, can become sterile and as such just keep growing to what scientists think could be a length a 3m to 4m, which would be on par with the maximun known length of seawater eels.

So a 3M eel near the surface of a lake could make it look to an onlooker that a much larger animal was there.

The hole in that theory is that large eels tend to be bottom dwellers.

What Loch Ness could have (or had) in it, and they can grow quite large, is Sturgeons. They are rare enough in British waters, but have been found there.

There was a lake in the US that was meant to have a monster in it, after many sightings over a few decades of something large in the water. Then in 1987 a dead 900lb Sturgeon that was 10 feet long was found in the lake.

In Europe and Russia Sturgeons have been found to grow to over 15 feet in some cases and can weigh over 2000lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

syklops wrote: »
    Your cock would be visible from space, given a reeaaally powerful telescope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

mite aswell believe in god as the loch ness monster.

waits behind the door with hammer for jakkas...

Kess73 wrote: »
    So did Steve Alten, as he put a dead conger eel on the shore as a hoax to promote his book "The Loch"

Although it has been proven that female eel (of the freshwater variety) that get lake locked and unable to return to the sea to spawn, can become sterile and as such just keep growing to what scientists think could be a length a 3m to 4m, which would be on par with the maximun known length of seawater eels.

So a 3M eel near the surface of a lake could make it look to an onlooker that a much larger animal was there.

The hole in that theory is that large eels tend to be bottom dwellers.

What Loch Ness could have (or had) in it, and they can grow quite large, is Sturgeons. They are rare enough in British waters, but have been found there.

There was a lake in the US that was meant to have a monster in it, after many sightings over a few decades of something large in the water. Then in 1987 a dead 900lb Sturgeon that was 10 feet long was found in the lake.

In Europe and Russia Sturgeons have been found to grow to over 15 feet in some cases and can weigh over 2000lbs.

European Catfish or Wells can grow to enormous size..they have been introduced in many places in britain for angling purposes although there arent known to be any in scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

The Lough Ness Monster kinda reminds of leprachauns here. You know the Scots just keep the whole lie going to squeeze some money off gullible tourists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

seamus wrote: »
    Your cock would be visible from space, given a reeaaally powerful telescope.

It wouldnt need to be that powerful for my cock.

BTW OP, Loch Ness is spelt Loch Ness, not Lough Ness

Advertisement