Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help - my da will kill me (3modem/trend micro prob)

Options
  • 26-08-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Hey people,
    I was on the pc last week and the internet was very slow & freezing a bit... To cut a long story short, some screen eventually popped up & I musta clicked on it. I think it had something like ignore list on it or something. Anyway, whatever it was the internet won't work since. The 3 modem connects fine, but when you try load any website it won't come up. I don't think the 3 thing is the prob, is the trend micro ignoring it if that's the right term? Is that what I clicked?
    Any ideas how I can fix it... The folks will be back from hols this weekend and Da will flip about it!!:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

twirlagig wrote: »
    Hey people,
    I was on the pc last week and the internet was very slow & freezing a bit... To cut a long story short, some screen eventually popped up & I musta clicked on it. I think it had something like ignore list on it or something. Anyway, whatever it was the internet won't work since. The 3 modem connects fine, but when you try load any website it won't come up. I don't think the 3 thing is the prob, is the trend micro ignoring it if that's the right term? Is that what I clicked?
    Any ideas how I can fix it... The folks will be back from hols this weekend and Da will flip about it!!:(
    Start Menu > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset > Reset > Close > OK > Restart Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer can easily ger corrupt, doing this is reset it back to it's defaults.

ie7-reset-ie-settings.jpgie7reset.png

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Look on the bottom right of your screen for your firewall application. There should be an option to disable the firewall to see is this the problem

http://www.leeindy.com/firewall_pccillin_turnoff-1.shtml

Once that's done try another web page. If it's ok, then you know it's just a configuration problem that should be easy to fix.

Advertisement