Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop News

Options
  • 26-08-2009 10:36am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Post your tidbits of news that you've come accross.

The release date of 50 Cents next album has been pushed again. This is so it can be released with a new 50 movie. Rumour has it the DVD will be part of the release.
    There are also rumours that the release was held back earlier so that it wouldnt clash with the release of Relapse and the latest setback is so that it would come out the same time as Relapse 2.

O.C. and A.G, from D.I.T.C. are releasing an album this year and is to be produced by Lord Finesse

RJD2 has set up his own record label, he'll be re-releasing has 3 albums on this first and then will have a new album to put out. He'll then focus on his artsit roster after this.

New Felt 3 record from Slug and Murs in the pipeline, production handled by Aesop Rock....they havnt announced who it will be a tribute to, past efforts ahve been a tribute to Lisa Bonet and Christina Ricci.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Brother Ali has launched a new web site today

http://www.brotherali.com/

Looks pretty cool so far and looks to be aimed at his fans and lets you post there. Have to investigate more later.

There is also a rumour for all Doomtree fans, it looks like Mike Mictlan is dropping an album called Prizefight in September. Other releases expected from Doomtee this year are an album from Sims and an album by Cecil Otter and Dessa Darling called Otter Darling.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Muslims have been banned from a Black Eyed Peas Concert in Malaysia because the event is sponsered by Guinness!!

Apparently The Game and 50 Cent are duking it out for the same role in the new A-Team movie. If it comes down to fisticuffs, my money is on fiddy. Cube also is in with a shot for the role.

Word on the mean streets of the internet is that the leaked version of Forever by Drake, Lil Wayne, Kanye and Em is not the final version of the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Boom_Bap wrote: »

O.C. and A.G, from D.I.T.C. are releasing an album this year and is to be produced by Lord Finesse

I haven't heard about this,lovely stuff:D:D:D!!!

A.G.'s solo stuff has been really good whereas O.C.'s most recent outings havnet been great, nothing like Jewelz or Word....Life.
    But it should be interesting to hear how they come together with the Funky Technician on the boards

sad news today, DJ AM has passed away....i'm not terribly familiar with his work but i know that he was working with Travis Barker most recently and has worked with the likes of A-Trak, Dialated Peoples and the Alchemist in the past.

• Advertisement

FELT 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez is expected to drop November 17, 2009. That's Slug and Murs for ya'll not in the know and it'll be released on Rhymesayers

Gift of Gab from Blackalcious is releasing a new album soon called Escape 2 Mars

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

After seeing people liking Bibio's 'Ambivalence Avenue' in another thread he is playing a DJ set in The Button Club on October 25th - could be interesting

A few upcoming MJEX gigs:

vid.gif235207723a9244028179s.jpg19 Sep 2009
    Cyprus Avenue Cork
    22 Sep 2009
    Maynooth College Kildare
    1 Oct 2009
    Dolans Warehouse Limerick, Limerick
    2 Oct 2009
    Roisin Dubh Galway, Galway
    3 Oct 2009
    McHugh’s Drogheda Louth
    9 Oct 2009
    Whelans’s Dublin Dublin
    28 Nov 2009
    The Dew Drop Inn, Kill Kildare

Also Messiah J is putting on MCing classes...info from the man himself:
    I am going to start teaching rapping classes this year. There is a FREE Intoductory Open Day at Frank Kearns Rockschool, Sutton, Dublin on September 27th hosted by yours truly. Frank Kearns Rockschool is a music school for people from 12 y...ears up. Limited places so its Invite Only. Big enough demand expected so to register your interest send a mail to info@rockschool.ie asap. cheers folks
    R.A. The Rugged Man news here -> http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9728/title.r-a-the-rugged-man-talks-new-film-and-music-projects

in brief, a new movie, a soundtrack and an album!

A new Big L documentary is close to being released, looks real good

chuckle chuckle chuckle......

Kim Mathers described the Detroit rapper as a horrible person, who makes her "vomit in her mouth" whenever she is around him or hears his name.
    When asked if the relationship could ever be reconciled again, she vehemently stated that it was out of the question, that he gets worse as a person everyday, and that he's a "Flop in bed".
    "He's not very well endowed. If you're going to have sex with Marshall, make sure you have a little blue pill, because otherwise it does not work."

Apparently, Jay-Z is blaming Timbaland and his posse for the leak of Blueprint 3.....i'm sure we'll hear more about this.

Busta has just finished off another album....should be released soon. He just released an album earlier this year

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Apparently The Game and 50 Cent are duking it out for the same role in the new A-Team movie. If it comes down to fisticuffs, my money is on fiddy. Cube also is in with a shot for the role.

None of them have got this role, it went to some Mixed Martial Artist dude called Rampage

• Advertisement

An unofficial but very official looking track listing for Damian Marley and Nas:

Track listing for Distant Relatives:
    1. Intro (Something New) (prod. Damian Marley)
    2. As We Enter (prod. Damian Marley)
    3. Revolutionary (prod. Damian Marley)
    4. Count Your Blessings (prod. Damian & Stephen Marley)
    5. Belief is Key (prod. Damian Marley)
    6. Africa Must Wake Up feat. K’naan (prod. Nas, Damian & Stephen Marley)
    7. Black Horizon feat. K’naan (prod. Damian Marley)
    8. Only the Strong (prod. Damian & Stephen Marley)
    9. Our Generation feat. Joss Stone & Stevie Wonder (prod. Damian Marley)
    10. Empowerment (prod. Stephen Marley)
    11. AID (prod. K’naan & Nas)
    12. Let’s End It (Poverty) feat. K’naan (prod. 9th Wonder & Damian Marley)
    13. The Earth feat. Bob Marley (prod. Salaam Remix, Damian & Stephen Marley)
    14. Black Man’s Paper feat. Erykah Badu (prod. Afry) [UK Bonus]
    15. Weed On feat. Snoop Dogg (prod. Damian Marley)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Just got word that edan is making a new album, all instrumental.
    Haven't got much info other than it's schedualed for release by the end of the year.
    I'll post more when i find out.

MURS has apparently been dropped from his record label Warner.

Fiddy Cents album release date has been pushed back again. He has also released a new book, i'm pretty sure that he worte every single word :p

JJ Brown is set to release his first solo album called Connect The Dots. If you've never heard of him the you should really check out his collabo with Louis Logic. It is suberb.

Kanye made a tit of himself at some awards show last night jumping on stage saying Beyonce should have won an award....all this while the award winner was giving her speech.

EDIT: Video of Kanye being a jerk at the MTV VMA's:

He has a point, but chose the wrong forum for his outburst

The New Death Row will be releasing a Snoop album, stuff from the cutting room floor that didnt make Doggystyle. Shoiuld be interesting to hear.

In sad news, Christina Milian has not married Boom_Bap, some other chap called The Dream has scooped her. He is now my enemy :D

some stuff i stumbled accross over on hiphopdx:

Ahmad is releasing a new album. Most likely nobody has heard of him, some of you might remember his song "Back in the Day" many years back. His album sits proudly in my CD collection and really looking forward to hearing what he is like these days.

C- Murder is planning an appeal of his recent scentence.

In the next piece of exciting news, Mac Lethal is planning a new album this year. I think the original version of 11:11 is supposed to be released as well. When it was first released the record label stepped in and had to advise Mac to put some "brighter" songs on the album as it was way too depressing. If you havent heard Mac lethal before, get out there and get some of his stuff, it is excellent.

Beanie Segal has a warrant out for his arrest!

Distant Realtives album cover - http://twitpic.com/i7b2c

Eminem is trying to sue Apple again about the incorrect use of songs from 8 Mile on I-Tunes.

Relapse 2 is apparently dropping on Nov 17th

Goodie Mob recently re-united for a gig in Atlanta, hopefully this will signal that they might get back to recording together.

Detox release date in Decemeber?

Ja Rule has a new album recorded....but cant find a record label to take him on board

A few things i've heard:

Shyne was supposed to be released from the big house last week but it has been held up. Apparently immigration are looking at him and want him deported.

Jay-Z has talked about wanting to work with Liam Galagher from Oasis. He's also said that he would be willing to invest in a football team if the right deal came along.

Advertisement