Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plug in temp switch?

Options
  • 26-08-2009 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

We have one of these electric fireplaces in our summerhouse shed...

1220834276-97026_full.jpg

I currently have this plugged into a normal plug in timer and its set to come on for half an hour during the night in the winter time just to heat the shed, because there is some computer equipment out there that i dont want to get too low a tempeture.
    (The shed is aeroboard wall insulated but not totally sealed so it would only need a short blast of heat on a cold night.)

My question is... is there such a thing as a plug in temp switch... that would turn on the heater when the temp out in the shed dropped below a set temp instead of using a timer? (as some nights it would not get as cold and the heater wouldnt be needed - and because these heaters arent cheap to run!)

Any info appreciated!

Comments

Advertisement