Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practice Space - Limerick Research

Options
  • 25-08-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi All,

I am doing a little research for a friend and am wondering about the need for a new practise space in Limerick city?

Not being in a band myself I'm not sure how many there are around the place and how much they usually go for per hour- Can anyone help?

The proposed place would be fully fitted practise room,(bring own guitars only), right in the centre of Limerick city, ground floor, there would also be recording facilities and a experienced demo producer on hand every day.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 needcar

Please see poll on link below! :D

http://www.micropoll.com/akira/mpview/650102-197446

Thanks! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have moved this from Bands & Musicians to Limerick city as you will probably get more appropriate feedback from this forum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

My friend and I drove out to Cratloe Woods to jam yesterday because there was nowhere else we could use in the city. If an affordable alternative was available in Limerick, I would definitely be interested in using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

It's a good idea. A lot of that going on in England, I also noted in England, you can lock away your gear, but some of the amps you can use there were rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

If there was a practice space like this in town, I would definitely use it! As long as the price was right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 talkaboutcold

ive been wanting to hear something like being talked about for a while now! Yes i definatly back this hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I think it's a brill idea :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

often thought of it myself. If you could combine a practice space or rooms with recording rooms, you could record bands there as well...

great idea, hope it happens..

if you need any SEO or PPC stuff doing down the line, let me know, I'd be glad to help..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 needcar

seachto7 wrote: »
    often thought of it myself. If you could combine a practice space or rooms with recording rooms, you could record bands there as well...

great idea, hope it happens..

if you need any SEO or PPC stuff doing down the line, let me know, I'd be glad to help..

actually there are 2 rooms there, both quite a reasonable size, so we could easily accommodate rehearsal and recording in one.

What kind of prices do ppl usually pay for practise spaces does anyone know? :rolleyes:

needcar wrote: »
    actually there are 2 rooms there, both quite a reasonable size, so we could easily accommodate rehearsal and recording in one.

What kind of prices do ppl usually pay for practise spaces does anyone know? :rolleyes:

There's nothing around so it's hard to say what the going rate is. But if you were in a band, how much would you pay? I might be being cheap here but I'd be looking for €15 per hour. Or if you want to charge more, you should offer discounts for people who practice there several times a week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 talkaboutcold

our band practice above a pub in the city centre and we pay 40yoyos a session. (3hours) and thats the cheapest we could get. but i have payed 50 euro a session (up to 4 hours) in a dublin rehearsal studio

What pub is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

Great idea if it goes ahead. Very hard to find rehearsal space in Limerick.

Advertisement