Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding possibilities for new heritage websites...

Options
  • 25-08-2009 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I'm thinking about setting up a website listing some sites of historical and cultural interest for tourists coming to Ireland. I have studied history but I know very little about the possible funding sources for such a project. Has anyone here any advice on this topic for me?

Do people think that since the net is awash with these sorts of sites anyway, even a well maintained and well-informed website would be of little value!?!

Cheers all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

As you say, the internet is awash with such sites but that is not to say that you cannot find a niche or, for that matter, put up a better site that some already out there. Shouldn't think you will find it that easy to get funding either but you should be able to get some sort of a site up and running for under €1,000, so do you real need funding? You need to decide exactly who you are targeting with a new site and go for it but don't expect to make any money from it. Why not try a blog first? :)

Advertisement