Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My hamsters.

Options
  • 25-08-2009 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I got my 2 Roborovski Dwarf hamsters there last month but they never seem to sleep inside the little house place behind the wheel and stuff. They're always asleep inside this little TV I got them, is this natural or should I take the TV away incase they freeze because it's coming into winter now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If they're cold they'll drag the woodchips/cotton (or whatever you have in there with them) into a big pile and sleep in that. I wouldn't worry, they're just sleeping where they feel safe/comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I may regret asking this but you got the Hamsters a television?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

lol there's a little tv you can get that is basically a hammie hidey bed but you can see the hamsters through the little screen, it's very cute. Had one for my last one although he was a Syrian and would knock it over.

As said if they are cold they'll drag some bedding in but since they are snuggled up together in a small space they shouldn't be too cold. Just keep the room and a comfortable temperature just a regular temp is needed that's comfortable for humans and hammies.

If the room they are in gets pretty cold in winter you can get one of those mini oil filled rads that are cheap to run.

Any pics of them asleep in their tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Have you them in the house or outside in a shed? Theyre smart little things so they usually set up bed where ever they find the comfiest and warmest themselves. If your worried about them getting cold add in extra bedding for the winter, I use toilet paper for my 2, (used to be 3:(), they shred it up and pull it to where they want to sleep themselves, they'll keep each other warm anyways.
    Photos always welcome by the way, i don't know what it is about hammies that I find just so irrestistibly cute:p

Advertisement