Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way to pay college fees when your disadvantaged?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Heya everyone heard that the maintenance grand closing date has being moved to January (happy days).Well thats good hopefully I can get them ,but the thing is you know you cannot get the grants if you arent registered in the college,BUT TO BE REGISTERED IN THE COLLEGE you have to pay a college fee.I was just wondering is there any way to pay the fee if your parents wont pay for your college fees and your from a *disadvantaged/poor family* and by the way Im going into a PLC coure and just have done my Leaving Cert I got accepted in the college just the fees are a barrier for me at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You don't need to be registered to get the maintenance grant. You just need to accept your course from the CAO or college, and have written confirmation of your acceptance afaik.

I'm gettting written confirmation from the grant people that I will be receiving a grant so I do not have to pay the registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Phasers is right, you need to show your "you have been approved for a grant of €xxxx" letter and then you dont have to pay the registration.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

The millenium fund is also available to people from prestigious area's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

NeonAddict wrote: »
    Heya everyone heard that the maintenance grand closing date has being moved to January (happy days).

where did you hear this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NeonAddict

TirNaNog. wrote: »
    The millenium fund is also available to people from prestigious area's.

I read online millenium fund is not covering the PLC courses

• Advertisement

where did you hear this information?

called dublin VEC yesterday

phasers wrote: »
    You don't need to be registered to get the maintenance grant. You just need to accept your course from the CAO or college, and have written confirmation of your acceptance afaik.

I'm gettting written confirmation from the grant people that I will be receiving a grant so I do not have to pay the registration.

but you know im going for a plc and wont be accepting the cao courses because CAO is the college course level 7/8 or 6 and PLC courses arent on a CAO application form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭TirNaNog.

NeonAddict wrote: »
    I read online millenium fund is not covering the PLC courses

You're better off asking your local Job centre partnership it should cover PLC too.

Advertisement