Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should we break up?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,Im a 21 year old male and have been with my girlfriend for 3 months,this is my 1st relationship and the thing is Im not really feeling it. The girl is goodlooking,smart etc pretty much everything i look for in a girl but i just feel trapped. This has happened before when girls had suggested becoming a couple i would instantly feel trapped for no reason. My current girlfriend is very understanding and we only see each other around once a week but it still feels like effort and i dont really miss her at all,i just rather being on my own. My family think she is lovely as do I but i just cant understand why i dont feel more?When we are together i do enjoy myself and all but its just i rarely feel like it. At this stage im feeling pretty guilty and wondering if it is for the best to break up but the thing is I honestly could see a future with her but not right now?If i break up with her she might never speak to me again but if i dont am i risking me being unhappy. Like it feels like if i break up with her it will be a weight off my shoulders but i dont understand why because she is perfect. I dont want to hurt her either. Is it that im just too young?Am i just a bad person?Should we break up?I really am stuck and i dont know what to do for the best...any advice would be really appreciated.thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭VaioCruiser

Trapped before ... and after 3 months...

Please do her a favour and let her go and move on.

You are simply not ready for a relationship. It's nothing to do with good or bad. It's about not ready.

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I agree with the others you just aren't ready for a relationship.

Advertisement