Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve 2009

Options
  • 25-08-2009 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Hi

Looking for something different this new years. Im from dublin so i am looking for somewhere down the country well one of the cities like galway/westport/kilkenny etc to go for the night. Can anyone reccommend a hotel that does organised nights like dinner and entertainment for new years?? i know im a bit early but i'v heard they book out quite early...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Woah, I must of passed out last night. I swear it was the end summer when I was last awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

BlueSpiral wrote: »
    Woah, I must of passed out last night. I swear it was the end summer when I was last awake.

There's a bout of time travel going around at the moment. I got the vaccine so I managed to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I can't wait for NYE this year.

Meself and herself will be in Time Square, NYC on the 2nd day of our Honeymoon :)

To the OP - look at going away if you can, a couple of years ago 8 of us went to Portugal for 3 nights over NYE. €170pps including flights and accomodation.

Best NYE I'd had in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I hate NYE. Lonliest night of the year for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

As long as you're in good company, I don't think it matters where you are!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

super-rush wrote: »
    I hate NYE. Lonliest night of the year for me.

you must love valentine's day as well i take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I make a point of spending NYE in the bath with a bottle of cheap chmpagne and a top hat. Think "Arthur", but without the butler and trainset.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

connundrum wrote: »
    I can't wait for NYE this year.

Meself and herself will be in Time Square, NYC on the 2nd day of our Honeymoon :)

Waste of ****ing time. I was there last NYE and was told to avoid TQ. You have to be there at 4 in the afternoon, no drinks, no toilets and no food or even backpacks to carry stuff in also the -10 cold. Find yourself a good pub in NY instead and you will have a better time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

you must love valentine's day as well i take it?

Ah i can take it or leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Your best bet is to head off to another countyr. New Years in Ireland always seems the same. I was in Berlin for it a few years ago and it was fantastic. And it didn't cost that much either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

http://www.edinburgh.org/events/edinburgh_hogmanay/

this is where i'll be... wearing my kilt like a true scotsman*

*may not actually be scottish, just love going commando!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Do people actually plan New Years Eve this far in advance????? :confused:

If I know what im doing a few days before it, its an achievement and I just see it as a night out, ... just a lot more crowded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

For every New Year's me & a huge bunch of creatures escape to the wesht. Last year it was Doolin.

We rent a bunch of holiday homes & have house parties after the pub. Best way to spend New Year's 'cos otherwise it's the most fukkin depressin time of the year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Have went "down the country" for the last 3 years and will be heading "down the country" again. Usually to a hotel for 2 nights and getting hammered with friends :)

Op went to Carlow 2 years ago for a sit down meal, band etc and tbh it was s**t dinner didnt finish til half ten and everyone was stoo stuffed to drink.

Better off going somewhere with a club attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't do anything, I fcuking hate NYE. Everywhere is crowded with idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

mobius42 wrote: »
    There's a bout of time travel going around at the moment. I got the vaccine so I managed to avoid it.

TaMcfly?

I didn't even bother taking my coat off.

As long as you're in good company!

and baloobas drunk.

I could never sit in on NYE dont know how people do it usually head to the local night club with a big group of friends and always have a good night, well the bits I remember!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Meh, will be celebrating Chinese new year in February instead in Beijing, new years eve here will suck because my fiancee will be 10,000'ish KM away :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I hate crowds of drunk people. The last new year I celebrated after noting the DVD player and oven indicated it was 12:04. I was in the middle of a drinking based card game so I didn't really give a crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I make a point of spending NYE in the bath with a bottle of cheap chmpagne and a top hat. Think "Arthur", but without the butler and trainset.

Blitzkrieg will be very jealous..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

phasers wrote: »
    I don't do anything, I fcuking hate NYE. Everywhere is crowded with idiots

Nothing like Amatuer Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

post this in the travel section, you ain't going to get many serious replies in AH :D

berlin and edinburgh suggestions are good

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

Was in Frankfurt last year and it was pretty decent, only one of the lads insisted on dragging us all to the Irish Pub. Don't ask.....

We're going to Berlin this year. 8 of us I think for 6 nights and it should be amazing.

Advertisement