Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have The Verve broken up for a third time?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the verve's reunion is over? I missed them at Oxegen last year. I hope they haven't split up. It's been rumoured in some places. It would be a pity, such a great band.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

They have yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Richard Ashcroft is preparing a new album so I guess they have. When he tours the new album I imagine he'll play some classics from the verve, after all he pratically wrote half of their best album 'urban hymns' by himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The reunion was a self serving thing for Richard Ashcroft to boost his career once again. Those guys can't stand him and haven't talked to him in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭RodVelvet

Simon Jones and Nick McCabe have formed a new group called The Black Ships. I thought Forth was a fairly good album but it wasn't promoted at all by the band. I was hoping they would go on tour as I would like to see them live again. The boys seemed to be in the dark regarding a UK tour going by their myspace blogs at the time.

It seems the reformation was a means to an end to revive Ashcroft's solo career. I hope his next solo album is a flop and his ego realised that solo he is not capable of the heights he reached whilst in the Verve. Apparently tensions began to show during some of the gigs they did play particularly between Richard and Nick as per usual. Hopefully if Ashcoft's solo album is a flop he might go back the the Verve and put in a full effort next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Have they really split though? My understanding was that it was just gonna be an alternation between Verve/Ashcroft solo albums from now on - that we would see more albums from The Verve, just not very frequently....every 4/5 yrs maybe... and Ashcroft solo records in between. I liked Forth in the end, it kind of grew on me.

You just know they'll get back together again if they have split ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement