Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Mens Suit - €33.48 3rd September

Options
  • 25-08-2009 1:19pm
    Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure on the quality, but if anyone needs a suit for a one off can't be bad.
    Jacket 22.49, trousers 10.99.
    Available in black and grey.

They also have shoes for €18. and shirt and tie for €13.49

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

This has to be proof tat aldi's way is the way of the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Coming to a Court house near you soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dingbat

copacetic wrote: »
    Not sure on the quality, but if anyone needs a suit for a one off can't be bad.
    Jacket 22.49, trousers 10.99.
    Available in black and grey.

They also have shoes for €18. and shirt and tie for €13.49
    It makes me sad, thinking about those lovely wild Polyesters who died to make such fine clothes... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Niiice!

pimp_jr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

basquille wrote: »
    Niiice!

pimp_jr.jpg

Is it bad that I actually have that? :p The looks I got last year walking around temple bar was so funny with the pimp kane too :D It was about 2-3 days before for a college one though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Do they usually have the specials in all stores. I have a wedding to go to next month and a cheap suit would be handy. There is one in kells near me so it would be worth the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

tallpaul wrote: »

:p ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

tallpaul wrote: »

LOL
    Never a true'r word :D

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Do they usually have the specials in all stores. I have a wedding to go to next month and a cheap suit would be handy. There is one in kells near me so it would be worth the trip.

And the award for meanest person of the year goes to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 lilywhites1982

ShooterSF wrote: »

If they don't have the specials near you, don't worry just check out this site, right up your alley. www.cheapskates.com/kells/tackyweddinggear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ.. ye are browsing Bargain Alerts, ye're all cheap-skates! :rolleyes:

And big whoop if ShooterSF does want this suit.. seldom suit-wearer's (myself included) don't need a €200 - €300 suit. A cheap but cheerful suit will more than likely do the job.

And to be fair, odds are you couldn't pick out this cheap suit alongside other suits in a line-up.

Eejits like Gok Wan and "Tranny and Sisannah" have you thinking otherwise...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 lilywhites1982

basquille wrote: »
    Christ.. ye are browsing Bargain Alerts, ye're all cheap-skates! :rolleyes:

And big whoop if ShooterSF does want this suit.. seldom suit-wearer's (myself included) don't need a €200 - €300 suit. A cheap but cheerful suit will more than likely do the job.

And to be fair, odds are you couldn't pick out this cheap suit alongside other suits in a line-up.

Eejits like Gok Wan and "Tranny and Sisannah" have you thinking otherwise...!

I have a pair of cheap skates, if any of you bargain hunters are going to a wedding on ice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

+1 for what basquille said.

If you don't need a suit that's going to last, why not buy a cheap one?

Penneys are fine for cheap suits as well. Quality may not be great but will withstand being worn 3 or 4 times a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I am totally going to get one of these for the Electric Picnic. I'll look spiffing and dashing and it won't matter when it gets wrecked. Hurrah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fdevine wrote: »
    If you don't need a suit that's going to last, why not buy a cheap one?
    Indeed, it probably costs more to get a suit dry cleaned than this, or to rent one. A wedding is an all day & night pissup for myself, I hate having to be careful wearing a suit. My brother has some €200 shirt he always offers me to wear for weddings- ehh no thanks, my shirts double up as a bib come 9pm when I am savaging down cakes.
    Ron DMC wrote: »
    I am totally going to get one of these for the Electric Picnic. I'll look spiffing and dashing and it won't matter when it gets wrecked. Hurrah!!
    Class, rolling around in the muck, at that price you would be lucky to get a boiler suit, you could do the painting in it to impress "the Jones's"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

NedTermo wrote: »
    And the award for meanest person of the year goes to....
    If they don't have the specials near you, don't worry just check out this site, right up your alley. www.cheapskates.com/kells/tackyweddinggear

:D Hey there's a good chance these suits look ok but are not long lasting. I only need it once, unlike some I don't have regular court appearances :p

About that award do you post it out or do I have to pick it up? Because the price of petrol these days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

About that award do you post it out or do I have to pick it up? Because the price of petrol these days.....

You can pick it up here. Along with the rest of your shopping.

Advertisement