Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tiny mce + cant browse for image

Options
  • 25-08-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

setup a drupal site and trying to use tiny mce but i cant browse for the image when i click on the image button, just ask for a path

any help would be great

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Please post a screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Keewee6

here it is

Using the url in the screenshot, I see that you are using Drupal.

I was trying to do some editing in Drupal via the demo installation at opensourcecms.com but TinyMCE doesn't appear to be used.
    Did you have to install TinyMCE after installing Drupal, or is it built in?
    If built in, maybe you can try using the demo system to see if the same issue is there - if it is *not* there, then the issue is only on your system.

I do however have the same dialog in use in my CMS Made Simple and I do get a small clickable button on the right of the Image URL field.

i installed drupal the downloaded tiny mce as an add on i guess - uploaded it to server via ftp and tried to install it

Can you look in your web site error log to see if there are any errors when you use that dialog?
    Can you click on the space to the right of the Image URL text field? (maybe the image is not found but the clickable space is still there)
    Do you have Firebug or Web Developer add-ons for Firefox? You can use them to examine the dialog source.

If you want to give me a guest login I could have a quick look with Firebug/Web Developer.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭waynewex

Hi,

As far as I'm aware, if you're using the free version of TinyMCE, a file manager/image uploaded doesn't come packaged with it.

Use a third party plugin such as: Ajax File Manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

alot of CMSs are robots. drupal is a robot that builds robots. and that's why it's so complex. you can make a custom CMS for your client with drupal.

while drupal is very flexible, it's also so customizable that a basic installation does very little; and there are numerous ways to get something done. advanced users think this is *great*, new users.... not so much. the learning curve is admittedly steep, but worth it.

i recommend you come to the Belfast DrupalCamp - 26-27 of September. It's a free event to learn about Drupal and share info and experience. Addison Berry is coming too, and her company has alot of free videos on Drupal which you might like to watch.

tinymce is one option *just* for managing rich-text editing. you first install the WYSIWYG API, then choose a plugin, like TinyMCE or others. then you install image management tools.

you might like to see a video on image management from lullabot which i mentioned above:
    http://www.lullabot.com/videocast/effortless-inline-thumbnails-image-resize-filter

putting in modules

i can see on your site, you've currently got your modules installed in the wrong place. this will cause you alot of trouble when backing up and upgrading.

example.com/modules = only for drupal default modules
    example.com/sites/all/modules = you make a folder for your contribution modules.
    you also make a /sites/all/themes folder too.

i recommend setting up a test site, and not trying to work live.

Advertisement