Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Gorey to Harcourt St and back again...?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Ok... so I'm after getting dragged into doing a photo shoot with my boyfriend (secretly I'm chuffed!) but our only problem is transport...

I need to get from Gorey to Harcourt St- the shoot is at 7pm on Monday 7th September

I know I will need to get the bus up to Dublin and then get the Luas to Harcourt St on the green line... only problem is which bus stop to get off at? which is the closest?

also, i need to get back to Gorey again, probably at around 9?

I would really appreciate any help on this. The bus stop to get off at is my biggest worry because after that I can consult good auld bus eireann for times etc...

Any help is REALLY appreciated!!!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Ok... so I'm after getting dragged into doing a photo shoot with my boyfriend (secretly I'm chuffed!) but our only problem is transport...

I need to get from Gorey to Harcourt St- the shoot is at 7pm on Monday 7th September

I know I will need to get the bus up to Dublin and then get the Luas to Harcourt St on the green line... only problem is which bus stop to get off at? which is the closest?

also, i need to get back to Gorey again, probably at around 9?

I would really appreciate any help on this. The bus stop to get off at is my biggest worry because after that I can consult good auld bus eireann for times etc...

Any help is REALLY appreciated!!!

:)

The LUAS is quite a walk from the Bus Eireann stops as the coach sticks to the N11.

Bus Eireann route 2 will take you to the UCD flyover. From there you can take the 10, 46A, 46B or 145 to Lower Leeson Street, and walk from there to Harcourt Street in 10 minutes.

The buses leaving Gorey at 1500 and 1600 are due at Busarus for 1650 and 1750 so the 1600 will get you there in good time.

Buses leave Busarus at 2030, 2130 and 2330 for Gorey, so they should reach the UCD flyover within 10/15 minutes. I'd aim to be on Leeson Street for as soon after 2100 to catch a 46A or 145 out to UCD to connect with the 2130 Bus Eireann service.

Bus Eireann times are at:
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1248962964-2.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Vic_08

KC61 wrote: »
    The LUAS is quite a walk from the Bus Eireann stops as the coach sticks to the N11.

Bus Eireann route 2 will take you to the UCD flyover. From there you can take the 10, 46A, 46B or 145 to Lower Leeson Street, and walk from there to Harcourt Street in 10 minutes.

The buses leaving Gorey at 1500 and 1600 are due at Busarus for 1650 and 1750 so the 1600 will get you there in good time.

Buses leave Busarus at 2030, 2130 and 2330 for Gorey, so they should reach the UCD flyover within 10/15 minutes. I'd aim to be on Leeson Street for as soon after 2100 to catch a 46A or 145 out to UCD to connect with the 2130 Bus Eireann service.

Bus Eireann times are at:
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1248962964-2.pdf

That is the best route. The 4pm would get there with plenty of time to spare. the 5pm would most likely get you there before 7 as well, I would expect it to be at UCD around 18.15 but the 4pm would be a safe choice.

Remember to ask the driver to be let off at UCD in plenty of time as if nobody requests it he won't use the off ramp.

Advertisement