Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish Fingers

Options
  • 25-08-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭

in Tesco - 30 Birds Eye Cod fillet fish fingers (in a paper-type packet I haven't seen before) - €2.99

this is seriously cheap, they were normally €3+ for a box of 12 (though this may have been reduced in the Change for Good stores).

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

loyatemu wrote: »
    in Tesco - 30 Birds Eye Cod fillet fish fingers (in a paper-type packet I haven't seen before) - €2.99

this is seriously cheap, they were normally €3+ for a box of 12 (though this may have been reduced in the Change for Good stores).

Mmmmm......
    I used survive on those things! (Memories of making fish finger sandwiches) Wonder if they have them in Tesco Maynooth? 2.99 for 30 is less than half their normal retail price.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

Do you like fishsticks?

south-park-kanye-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I can vouch for the tastiness of these bad boys.
    Fishfinger sambo with heaps of mayo... Mmmmmmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

€5.95 for 30 in Headford Road Tesco in Galway :(

Still a bargain though, they're the extra Omega 3 ones aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

stop wrote: »
    Do you like fishsticks?

I ain't gay and I sure as hell ain't no fish! I'm a genius! I'm the voice of a generation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

They have them in Tesco Artane Castle so I picked up a few bags. Right under where they have them are a box of 10 for near the same price.

It also had Price Cut and 7.50 (or thereabouts) as the old price on the label. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,766 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bazwaldo wrote: »
    They have them in Tesco Artane Castle so I picked up a few bags. Right under where they have them are a box of 10 for near the same price.

It also had Price Cut and 7.50 (or thereabouts) as the old price on the label. :)

yeah - unless cod stocks in the north sea have recovered dramatically, I can't see them staying this price for long, so stock up now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

They have them in Tesco Ashbourne priced at €4.75 but they scan at €2.99 :). They have a box of Youngs fish fingers beside them on special at €2.99 so maybe they got them mixed up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I know it's not really on topic but anyone know where I can score some Young's Jumbo Fishfingers? They seem to have disappeared from the Dublin West / Kildare region completely.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Banjo wrote: »
    I know it's not really on topic but anyone know where I can score some Young's Jumbo Fishfingers? They seem to have disappeared from the Dublin West / Kildare region completely.

Superquinn still have them- but they're a total ripoff. They are tasty though......

• Advertisement
Advertisement