Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Swell Season / Lisa Hannigan

Options
  • 25-08-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

So I went to my first concert on my own last night, and I loved it.

I got to enjoy every minute of it without having to worry did the other person/s like it.

Went to see The Swell Season and Lisa Hannigan in Ennis, in the glor theatre.

Lisa Hannigan was amazing for a girl who has such a soft voice she sings so beautifully.

Then the Swell Season came on and for me they were awesome, again excellent music. They are Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova backed up by The Frames , I got see 3 of my fave bands in one night. Glen is a excellent , great music, entertaining and so engaging with the crowd.

I am glad I took it upon myself to go cause it was worth every penny.

Incidentally I found the Glor Theatre in Ennis to be a lovely little venue, top marks for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Sounds good, Lisa Hannigan is really something else.

The Frames are now a backing band to the swell season. Odd, I would of thought they would of done everything to cash in on the Oscar win as a band, especially as I hear their album sales sky rocketed as a result of the award..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Sounds good, Lisa Hannigan is really something else.

The Frames are now a backing band to the swell season. Odd, I would of thought they would of done everything to cash in on the Oscar win as a band, especially as I hear their album sales sky rocketed as a result of the award..
    Well The Frames seem to be touring with them at the moment, maybe its just in Ireland while they are here. Colm mac Con Iomaire also did a solo piece on the violin toward the end , it was brilliant.

Lisa though she is an unbelievably gifted girl, I would have loved to hear some more songs. Her band are very good also, look like they all get on really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

Lisa Hannigan is amazing, love her voice. The Swell Season are also pretty great.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Hi, I too was in Glor,I only went to hear/see Lisa as she is amazing and very cute looking also !! I did find the Swell Season a bit boring though..:rolleyes:

Advertisement