Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop Staffy Discrimination.

Options
  • 25-08-2009 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

A simple video I made to show these dogs are very loveable, when you hear bad press about staffs in the news they often dont tell you how the dog has been treated , or what happend to provoke the incidint.. staffs are the kindest dog in the world, they always know when your sad and they try to cheer you up, they greet everyone with their lovely smile and they are the most harmless thing in the world,they are nicknamed the nanny dog due to being very kind to babys and children.

3864550724a11437418028o.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If you look through the forum, most of the people here are staffy fans.
    Is this just a general 'I love staffies don't be mean' thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

Staff's are a beautiful breed. I fell in love with my mother-in-laws rescue and keep threatening to kidnap her and bring her home. :D

I went to Cork SPCA yesterday, just out of interest mostly, and one of the dogs for immediate rehoming dogs is a Staffy. Totally tugging on the heart strings already. Going to go back at the weekend, and if it's still there will ask more about the circumstances, since it was surrendered for rehoming. :rolleyes:

My only problem is that I would want a dog walker 3-4 days a week for midday walks, and I know a lot refuse to take "restricted" breeds, which I think is a real shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

Not that simple sadly. When I walk my brindle Boxer puppy I've had people pull back from her looking nervous with a "Err is that a Staffy?"

People are nervous of restricted dogs because they are labelled as "dangerous". Some cute pictures and videos won't stop the public from thinking the dogs are vicious baby eaters when thats what the government are telling them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

I lasted about 10seconds into that vid, had to turn it off with that music, sorry
    Is that your staffy in the pic? Are his ears clipped or is the just the pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

Ears are normal, just the pic, haha sorry about the music, its what im into.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭votejohn

Staff's are a beautiful breed. I fell in love with my mother-in-laws rescue and keep threatening to kidnap her and bring her home. :D

I went to Cork SPCA yesterday, just out of interest mostly, and one of the dogs for immediate rehoming dogs is a Staffy. Totally tugging on the heart strings already. Going to go back at the weekend, and if it's still there will ask more about the circumstances, since it was surrendered for rehoming. :rolleyes:

My only problem is that I would want a dog walker 3-4 days a week for midday walks, and I know a lot refuse to take "restricted" breeds, which I think is a real shame.

Hi Miss. M!! Im a dog walker based in Cork, and I love staffies too, I judge a dog on its personality, not on its breed!!!!

My first ever client was a staffie lab mix, such a baby, and I've looked after numerous rotties, german shepherds, etc, love em all!

have a look on www.thedoghouse.weebly.com or the www.thedoghouse.ie,

the weebly site has pics, and you'll see aspen, the white staffie cross in the gallery folder. and on thedoghouse.ie site there's pics of her under the dog walking page, it just takes a while to upload!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I understand why you would want to show your staffy off in the best light, and it is always the idiotic few that give them a bad name, but sadly from my experience I've met a lot more bad tempered staffys than good natured ones, I appreciate that its clown at the end of the lead is the real issue but these dogs really need to be properly licenced. I recently saw a group of young lads (10-14ish) pulling at a staffy pup by the tail, legs & ears. No child should be allow to supervise an animal in this way. We need to get some cop on in this country about our dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Really? More bad natured than good natured? You've been very very unlucky so.

You're right about needing more cop on about animals. Is there anything in schools that aims to teach children whn very young how any more importantly WHY to look after their pets correctly? I wonder would any rescues consider setting something like this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

I'd have to agree, the music was a bit much! I like my tunes but it was very distracting and if I'm honest, sort of reinforces the silly "bull breed owner stereotype" we have here :(

Also I'd suggest correcting the spelling mistakes too. :)

Fair play to you though its a nice idea, and your Staffie is adorable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

the staffie is used quite often for the tough guy image.

They are lovely and I do agree that poor ownership is a big problem at the moment with this breed.You will find so many int the pounds now as their woners put them in because the are too soft at heart.

The staffie is getting a hard time at the minute but so many other breeds have been through the discrimination too before them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭FunkyMissMonkey

votejohn wrote: »
    Hi Miss. M!! Im a dog walker based in Cork, and I love staffies too, I judge a dog on its personality, not on its breed!!!!

My first ever client was a staffie lab mix, such a baby, and I've looked after numerous rotties, german shepherds, etc, love em all!

have a look on www.thedoghouse.weebly.com or the www.thedoghouse.ie,

the weebly site has pics, and you'll see aspen, the white staffie cross in the gallery folder. and on thedoghouse.ie site there's pics of her under the dog walking page, it just takes a while to upload!!!

I was actually looking at that site recently! :D I shall PM you so as not to spam thread further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭swordsgal27

My staffie 9 mths old couldnt be more gentle even cats and my very hyper 4 yr old dont bother her , but she stands on the window sill crying to go out and play every day when the kids go out :( it breaks my heart lookin at her , i know she wold just lie down to let every one rub her tummy but also know i cant just let her out to play cause shes a staff , or can i ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If thats the case, they're not the type of person to be walking & caring for anyone's animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Really? More bad natured than good natured? You've been very very unlucky so.

And in a very tiny minority I should think too.

Advertisement