Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I feel like crap

Options
  • 25-08-2009 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

I split up with my girlfriend three months ago (she finished it with me) went on to Bebo today and seen photos of her all over some fella last saturday nite who she met in the club. I got real upset and deleted her as a friend on bebo and her friends cos i dont want to see stuff like this.I just feel like crap i havent met anybody yet and i feel ugly and have no confidence.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mickdlk

kildarelad wrote: »
    I split up with my girlfriend three months ago (she finished it with me) went on to Bebo today and seen photos of her all over some fella last saturday nite who she met in the club. I got real upset and deleted her as a friend on bebo and her friends cos i dont want to see stuff like this.I just feel like crap i havent met anybody yet and i feel ugly and have no confidence.

Im sorry to hear you feel like this, but use broke up 3 months and you need to move on mate.
    Taking as your on bebo you are youngish, Get out and about, meet girls and have fun man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

kildarelad wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that mate. Its never nice to see that she's already moved on, the person who gets dumped takes longer.

You did the right move though, deleteing her and her mates. and you probably arent ugly. you got a girlfriend in the first place so you cant be :)

actually, delete all phone numbers and emails too. all contact should be cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its a marathon, not a sprint. You say bebo picks after 3 mnths. Flash forward 10 years.

Your new bebo pics show you bouncing you baby off your knee, beside your swimming pool and your model wife.

Her's show her hoovering crystal meth flakes off a dirty carpet with her broken nose (broken by her regular bf/pimp).

Ok, I exaggerate, but as as a older person, my point is, you can't be tortured by pics of your ex after a few months. Most people have an even share of pain. You may be on the up and up soon. Be good to yourself ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭XarcherX

I agree with wagon, you're best bet is to delete all numbers and any possible way of contact with her, it's one of the best and quickest ways to move on with your life... trust me i know, been here before!!
    sure your confidence has taken a blow but you were good enough to get her in the first place, you are not ugly and you'll get someone else who's better suited for you when you're good and ready... In the meantime stick with your mates and keep yourself busy as much as you can to take your mind off things..
    good luck hon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Vasco

have you tried sleeping with prostitutes until you find someone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Op,

its only been 3 months, it takes time but you'll get there. Its good that you deleted her and her friends. Its easier to get over someone if you have no contact and you dont know what they are up to.

Just go out with your friends and have a good time. You'll meet someone else in the future but for the moment you need to concentrate on getting over this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Vasco, can you explain yourself with that last post? I don't see how it approaches helpful. Unhelpful posts are not acceptable on this forum. Please read the charter. Thank you.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭legend365

kildarelad try and forget what you saw.

Infact try forget about her completely.

Keep yourself occupied and you'll be doing good. Learn guitar, join a gym, take up a course.

You might feel like crap now...but remember..... its not where you are, but where you're going!

Advertisement