Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feel like an idiot but...

Options
  • 24-08-2009 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

OK I'm just a random gazer with my eyes from my attic window but I keep seeing a rather obvious bright star (more yellow than blue if that helps) from my window. It dosen't seem to be as small as the other stars and it is away from all the usual constellations. Is there some obvious thing everyone is seeing that it must be? Sorry for the vagueness but this is not my area AT ALL! :D

[If its something obvious like the north star I am sorry for annoying you guys!]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Which direction (North, South, etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Jupiter is bright in the southern sky. Have a look at www.heavens-above.com and select your location. Then have a look at the whole sky chart. Enjoy.

Advertisement