Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ugly truth

Options
  • 24-08-2009 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

The personal issues and relationship issues is usually full of peoples stories, problems and gripes but i'm going to take a shot here and ask what people think of the movie? I've only just started to watch it so if it changes it's view towards the end please don't tell me (although i will be done in about an hour)

Do people think that the films like "the ugly truth" and "he's just not into you" are closer to the truth then we've gotten in movies in a long time (aside from the endings where they throw away all the ideas and just go back to normal. Hitch was another fave of my movie until he kind of screwed up in the end.

Is it just that society doesn't want to accept the truth as politically correct or do people still believe in waiting for mr/mrs right and "everything will turn out right in the end just be yourself" advice? Don't get me wrong though, i have seen a lot more acceptance by people that this is not the way to go but i don't think it's truly portrayed at the top levels as the right way to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement