Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best eye test centre

Options
  • 24-08-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi Folks, I need to get a thorough eye examination including contacts check + new glasses and the credit crunch is here so need to acclimatise and go for the best price + quality.

Any recommendations in Dublin or Limerick very welcome?

Also, may I ask, I have being paying PRSI since January 2007 does this qualifiy me for anything does anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sammydose

Not sure where to get the center of the eye, but once you've had, take your medications and run to the internet! A lot of places to get fresh and new prescription glasses and save money. When I buy my prescription glasses, I replacementlensexpress.com. Their website is very simple and direct when it is not, email me your perspective, answering all my questions more or less the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Once you are over 21 you need 5 years continous prsi payments to avail of a free eye test. Most places will give a very good eye test but if you want a complete eye test make sure you are getting a visual fields. This is used for the detection of Glaucoma. Just ring and ask a few places about the eye tests they offer.

To find out if you are qualified for an eye test involves the practice sending a email to the Social Welfare office in Letterkenny with your name and prsi number and they will tell you if you're eligible or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwabh

best still for a free eye test is in the national optometry center in dit where all opticians train. you will get a free eye test by a student optometrist (supervised by an experienced optometrist) and everything under the sun will be tested for you, and you will automatically get a printout of your prescription which you can use to go anywhere you want for your glasses.

Advertisement