Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left dog in Kennels

Options
  • 24-08-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi have left my 5 month old dog in kennels for 2 weeks while on holiday(highly reccommended and I dont have a worry about the kennels). However I was wondering if this will have an impact on house training and will I need to take any extra steps on retraining the dog??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You shouldn't have to really. Just make sure that when you come back from holidays and he's back home to step right back into the old routine (instead of making exceptions because poor doggy was separated from you for so long ...like most people would be prone to do :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

I was wondering if this will have an impact on house training

Depends how regularly they let the pup out to pee/poo. If its kept in a kennel and allowed to pee and poop whenever and wherever it wants, you may have problems when you take puppy home again.

That's why I'm holding off on kenneling my puppy for the first year of her life if I can. It's taken too much work to get her this far!

Advertisement