Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about ex...

Options
  • 24-08-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I broke up with my ex because he cheated. I believe he is truly sorry for what he did. I'm confused about what to do now though. Part of me wants him back. But I'm afraid. I can't get the other girl out of my head either. We were long distance but always planned to move in together soon. To get back together would mean that one of us would really have to move hundreds of miles to where the other one is. It's just too much of a giant leap. I don't want to lose him forever. We are/were so right for each other besides this cheating thing that happened early on in our relationship which I recently found out about. There's also a male friend I've been close to recently. I don't know what to do. I don't want to string anyone along. Does anyone have any advice on what to do?. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

When you dont know what to do, do nothing... You are reeling from the breakup still and cannot have any distance on this situation. Does he want you back? Why did the fling happen? how did you find out? Was it only once?

Why are you thinking about jumping into another relationship with your friend? Why not be single for a while and get your head togetehr... You need to get over the infidelity thing before either of ye can give up your lives and move to be together... Only time and talkng will tell but if you cant be with your ex then move on and enjoy being single for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

You said that one of you would have to move hundreds of miles? Why dont you give him the oppurtunity to prove that he still loves you and say that he should move to you, as oppose to the opposite way? Like maybe not stratight away, but if anyone is moving in the future it will be him to you. That way he's making a drastic change in his life, solely for you ye kno? kinda proves he's serious about it. plus ur not the one who has to move!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

kinda agree with above. He was made a mistake so perhaps he could move to you....
    But its never that simple because either of ye may have ties to where you are living, be them personal or occupational. I think there is no option but to perhaps go away together (to a neutral venue) and discuss what future ye have together....maybe don't expect all the answers immediately but set a date when ye will sit down again together to have answers for each other

From a male perspective encourage him to have questions for you....to ensure that its not only you being set up to be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 miss.c

to be honest I wouldn't bother stepping back into something that is ruined, a relationship is or should be based on trust and if that trust is broken, you will never regain it fully. I would just cut my losses with this guy and move on.

Advertisement