Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good restaurant in KK

Options
  • 24-08-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

Hi all, will be in the City for the weekend and need a good quality dinner for Friday. I like Italian but will try anything except Chinese. Recommendations will be gratefully accepted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cerberus81

had a meal in campagne last week and have to say it was excellent,near mcdonagh junction on gashouse lane,heard on the radio this morn that it was just voted best restraunt and chef in leinster,bit pricey but def worth it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I like Rinnucini. The chef in the River Court, Ger Dunne is excellent (former QEII chef)but I don't know what the service is like these days. Anthony Smith I would imagine runs a good show in Lautrecs.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 selena27

Recommend Cafe Sol.Value for money as well.You can look the sample menu up on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kizzabel

Lautrecs is worth a try, i worked there a few years back and the food was fab. desserts were yummy and theres a nice menu, something to tempt everyone. its on kieran st. say hi to laurence and his mammy mena behind the bar if youre in!

also like italian connection on parliment st. mains are great, desserts nice too.

both are reasonably priced but for gorgeous, extra special food definately rinnucinis on the parade. try the limoncello after dinner. heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

I had a meal in La Rivista a few weeks ago, it was lovely, quite reasonable too. Its an Italian restaurant, on Parliament street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Thanks everyone, I'll report back.

do, let us know how you get on, hope you enjoy kilkenny,

im in recession mode so i will be eating vicariously thru you!

We went to Italian Connection in the end.

Super fast service, a nice welcome at the door and nice food. They also treated us to complementary liqeuers after dinner, which was unexpected and nice! My only complaint would be that they didn't leave the parmigiano on the table, but whisked it away for another.

good stuff. did you try the garlic bread? its tasty!

kizzabel wrote: »
    good stuff. did you try the garlic bread? its tasty!

Yes I did. Super!

• Advertisement

how'd you get on in kilkenny? good weekend?

Advertisement