Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st Birthday Party!

Options
  • 24-08-2009 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm having my 21st birthday with my twin bro in a couple od weeks, we're getting a tent out in the back garden, with a DJ and possibly kareoke for the laugh. Got food and drink sorted. Gonna be bout 50 of our friends and about 20 of my parents friends.

Was wondering if anybody's got any ideas on sort of activities for the party, so that its not just everybody sitting around drinking. Like my mate had a scavanger hunt halfway through the night during his 21st, where people had to follow clues to get prizes, mainly can's or bottles of drink but there was a 30eur gift voucher as the top prize aswell.

Any suggestions??
    I know you boardsies are the creative type!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

It'll be like Peirce Brosnan's wedding, hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

Yeah, i posted there, but didn't get a single reply.. Seem's like a dead forum if there is such a thing. Thought since this is the most popular forum it'd be worth askin here.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from After Hours.
    You should get good idea's here OP.
    EDIT:
    Ah sorry OP, start the thread in AHs again, stating you tried here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

*Couple of Jelly shots go down well.
    *Twister is always halarious drunk.
    *Gentlemen's rules apply from when everybody arrives, if you don't know them find out what they are.
    *If weather is nice do a BBQ and try as much as you can to keep everybody outside.
    *Use the grass outside as a dancefloor it will grow back after a couple of weeks.
    *Tell everybody as they arrive that only you answer the door. This avoids people crashing.
    *Lock very valueable things away and don't leave a hurl and sliotar outside.

Some things not to do, from experience

*Put those flamable garden lanterns everywhere, people will burn themselves.

*If you have a DJ make sure that when the Gards tell you to turn the music down the first time that you do it. They won't be happy if they have to come back, trust me.

*Don't let your parents go out for the whole night, get them out of the house for a meal or something but 11:30 or 12 is a good time for their return.
    When people see them around they will avoid getting stupidly drunk if they have any dignity.

*Don't let people give the dogs drink, they will get sick later.

Good luck with it, if you do it right people will still be talking about it 5 years later. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sudzy

*Lock very valueable things away and don't leave a hurl and sliotar outside. you do it. They won't be happy if they have to come back, trust me.

Ha! Actually got my window broken from eejits playin wit hurl and sliotar at a party in ours before...
    Tips duely noted! Thx! :p

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Its really worthwhile having some sort of food available toward the end of the night to sober people up who might have had one more than they can handle. If people have less of a hangover they will have better memories of the night.

Karoke is great if you have lots of friends who can sing, just be sure to let the Kaorke guy pick and choose the people that go on - last thing you want is some drunk girl impersonating a dying cat to My Heart Will Go On, and setting the tone for the night. Always keep the music upbeat.

If your hiring a professional DJ organize a few prizes (for bribery) and mention to the agent / DJ that you want them to do party games, most good DJs have a large range of games and will be able to choose which ones suit the crowd on the night.

Advertisement