Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database Lists !!

Options
  • 24-08-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi All !
    Can anyone tell me where I can get a list of business names and contact details for potential direct mail campain and in excel format?

For example, I want a list of every hotel, B&B and campsite in ireland (And possibly europe) AND a list of every motorcycle dealer in Ireland and the UK with the name, address, tel & fax no's, email and website address. !

Is it possible to get lists like this in a usable softcopy ? If yes, how much should I expect to pay for the list ?

Thanks !!!. :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Have a google for list brokers + whatever you're looking for, , there's almost certain to be a list of motorcycle dealers and hotels available, certainly for the UK and Europe (not sure how well ireland is covered), thing is it will cost you quite a bit to buy a list and keep it, usually you rent a list and use a mailing house to send out whatever piece of direct mail you want.

Lists usually get more expensive the better the quality and the more detail (address, phone number, email, turnover etc) or the more senior the job titles or the more buying power they have. Cheapest list would cost you about 120 per thousand names up to £500+ per thousand for say american express gold card holders' emails.

Usually it costs you about the same to hire people to do the research for you via the interweb and at least then you get to test if your mailing / email / offer works before commiting to a fairly large expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mosey101

I tried getting email addresses before but the only routes i found were either:

• Finding a database online and manually entering the details into an excel sheet (this also might require calling up the places to get their information)
    • Pigsback.com can get you email addresses but they're very expensive at approx €2.50 for a name and email address (The price goes up for each additional piece of information required)

Asking some companies that might already have one built up already(it's worht a shot).

Database hosues like the Bill Moss Partnership dont' carry email addresses - they can give you all the contact details but they dont' have the emails as all their information is pulled from the Yellow Pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ruby juice

Hi Newbie here, first ever post on Boards...

...I worked in direct marketing before, there was a company called Kompass which supplied databases. A quick google of them brought up http://www.dataireland.ie, seems to be related in some way.They provide databases on CD containing email addresses, they are usually easy to import into excel.

I'm also interested in getting my hands on a database for a client, its the address of anyone who owns a commercial vehicle in a particular county. I'm not sure if this even exists, other than in the county council offices which I'm sure is deemed private information and would not be released to a member of the public. Any ideas of where i could get this info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

I have used these before:

http://www.bill-moss.com/

Did the job for me but lists are pricey enough so be sure you know what you need and dont waste your time with too many lists. The key to using these and seeing if they are a success for you is to track there level of sucess from initial contact all the way through to final sale. You shoudl keep verying levels to rate success eg: 60% took a call, 30% took a quote and 10% became a sale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 johnlawlor

Try a screen scraper program to extract contact details from business directorys, the information gathered can be exported to csv file for use in excel, mozinda is a good online tool

• Advertisement
Advertisement