Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ufo sallynoggin/maybe a satellite?

Options
  • 24-08-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

last week woke at 3am and saw really really bright light out the window far enough away thought it was a ridiculously bright star and then fell back asleep woke up propperly about half an hour later and lay there watching it daydreaming...after about 10 minutes it started moving horizontaly very slowing and going from big bright light to small pinprick light. the it moved slightly diagonally. I had a cold sweat all over with fear and hid under the covers till morning:(
    anyone know of any satelites that are really bright?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Did you see who was driving it? Did he look like this:

alien-flying-saucer.gif

The light you saw could also have been an Iridium Flare.

http://www.satobs.org/iridium.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_flare

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Overblood wrote: »

alien-flying-saucer.gif

Did you colour that yourself? Its very good.

Sounds like an Iridium flare OP. Once it didnt change direction or speed your ok.

Grimes wrote: »
    Did you colour that yourself?

No.
    Its very good.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ruby Rainbow

Heya :)
    Ta for responding. It sounds EXACTLY like the flare thing.
    BOOM. delighted to have cleared that up. Literally kacked in my knickers when i was watching it.

Ah yes.

Yet another case of "It's all in the mind".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ah yes.

Yet another case of "It's all in the mind".

Well it wasnt. She saw an iridium flare. So it wasnt in her mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Glad you feel better now but........
    . Literally kacked in my knickers when i was watching it.
    :eek:

Well it wasnt. She saw an iridium flare. So it wasnt in her mind.

If she knew she saw an iridium flare she wouldn't have posted here.

She saw a light in the sky, she didn't know what it was so her mind made the rest up. Her fear was strong enough to send her into a cold sweat and under the covers.

And she kacked her knickers.

Also, surely if you wanted to ask about a feature in the sky you'd go to the Astronomy forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

If she knew she saw an iridium flare she wouldn't have posted here.

She saw a light in the sky, she didn't know what it was so her mind made the rest up. Her fear was strong enough to send her into a cold sweat and under the covers.

And she kacked her knickers.

Also, surely if you wanted to ask about a feature in the sky you'd go to the Astronomy forum?
    i dont agree .... if the person had posted their in the astronomy forum it just might of being mars or the moon.
    many lights turn out to be many things!!
    to have this posted in the astronomy forum [ and lets say it wasnt a iridium flare] then this person would be told to fu"k off to the paranormal....
    any how, no harm done... someone learnt something from it which is why you post in the first place!?

Advertisement