Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Review: karaokeyoutube.net

Options
  • 24-08-2009 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Karaoke Songs on YouTube

It's a pretty basic site I was just wondering if ye could have a look, maybe get some pointers or ideas for it.

Built it on codeigniter to learn about that framework. Well impressed!!!

One thing is users are entering the youtube link incorrectly (to be honest i don't know how) and my code isn't pulling the video info from the link?? Can't really tell what type of link they might be putting in??

Advice appreciated.

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Are they putting in the HTML code instead of the direct http URL?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭randombar

Thanks for the reply, helped get the brain matter going.

Turns out if they put in a blank entry for the http:// address this is recognised as ok by the validator for some reason??

Sorted it out by using cascading rules.

What do people think of the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

it makes me think you think youtube is a music website, its accually a video sharing website

Huh??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm not a big fan of these types of sites but I guess I'm not your target audience then.

The site seems fine enough though if a little plain. I don't like the placement of the Add Video functionality. Or at least a bit more could be done to distinguish it from the rest of the site.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of these types of sites but I guess I'm not your target audience then.

The site seems fine enough though if a little plain. I don't like the placement of the Add Video functionality. Or at least a bit more could be done to distinguish it from the rest of the site.

You're not a fan of karaoke?? :D

Ya I said I'd give this one a go and see what happens, it was a great way of picking up CodeIgniter anyways.

Advertisement