Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband

Options
  • 24-08-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hey guys!:D

I'm moving with the family to Drim, near Moutrath, this week and to my horror :eek: there seems to be no broadband providers in the area. Eircom's telling us its all dial-up out there. Our satellite provider is suggesting getting 3 Mobile, or Digiweb. Now I don't know too much about broadband providers but I think those are really unreliable and weak services, especially out there, am I right?

Any suggestions or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Think it might be worthwhile giving Premier Broadband a call. www.premierbb.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

Preimer BB don't service Mountrath area I have asked them in the past, I use 3 Mobile BB, this is your cheapest and best option, its not reliable. Unless you have a phone line that can take Broadband, believe me I have checked all options, go onto website http://maps.three.ie/threeireland/Pages/Public/CoveragePublicPage.aspx check the coverage, try it if it doesn't work bring it back, I think they give you 7-14 days to return it. I believe Digiweb is not great either and they charge €150.00 to set-up the wireless option

The 3 Mobile Broadband is not great at the moment, but I guess once they have 100% coverage in Ireland things should improve, my suggestion, is try the three mobile broadband first and see how it goes.

Im getting a good connection from 3 Mobile Broadband its not perfect but for 19.99euros per month it does the job.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

Try LastMile in Athlone. I use them and I've a few miles out the Edenderry road from Port. Have found their service excellent (never had an outage in 2 years) when 3 and Premier had been tried before.

Jomcc you were correct, see email I have received from premier bb just a moment ago

from info@premierbb.ie
    We have coverage in most of Mountrath. Our Max speeds available for Residential connections are 4Mb down 1Mb up, for Business connections our max speeds are 5Mb down 5Mb up.

might give them a go myself but €149.00 to install seems a bit steep:(

Hi,

Vodafone is a leading player of the worlds mobile communications industry. Its broadband service allows the users to access broadband wirelessly and without any hassles. The Vodafone broadband is provided in the form of a wireless USB data card or stick. The users can easily connect this data card or stick with their laptops and personal desktops.

• Advertisement

Hey guys!:D

I'm moving with the family to Drim, near Moutrath, this week and to my horror :eek: there seems to be no broadband providers in the area. Eircom's telling us its all dial-up out there. Our satellite provider is suggesting getting 3 Mobile, or Digiweb. Now I don't know too much about broadband providers but I think those are really unreliable and weak services, especially out there, am I right?

Any suggestions or advice?
    Pineapple how did the move go, any luck with the broadband, maybe you can't get online?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pineapple*soul

:) The move went well moutrath, thanks! good to see the town represented on these boards. Do you speak for everyone here? ;)

I'm just in the emo garage now using the €1 per 8mins internet.

thanks for all the help guys. Gonna go with 3 for now when i get a chance to get out to portlaoise and see how that goes.

Well done pineapple with the move, yea that internet in the garage seems to each the euros. Three is probably your cheapest and best bet for the moment, try them all three, vodafone and then 02 and see whos best, only problem with three is they don't seem to listen or care if you have problems, they usually tell you some rubbish to get you off the phone:(, mine works ok but it has it moments :D

Pineapple if you need to know anything about the town etc.. ask away, your one of us now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 User21027

I live in Borris In Ossory, but my parents live in Mountrath. Coolrain. My brother uses 3 Broadband. It works perfectly. I live in Borris, i can use 3, Vodafone or currently Eircom broadband. Its just a case of trial and error, but my eircom works perfectly....... Good luck. :)

Thanks User, only problem with Eircom, if your living in an area with carrier lines(main line spilt over a few houses) unless the phone lines are upgraded then the phone line will only be good enough for voicecalls but never broadband, thats my experience anyway, im using three at the moment sitting in the passenger seat passing throught kildare on the M7 Motorway at the moment and im getting download speeds from 2 to 5.5 MBPS :D, its amazing i can get a high speed connection on the motorway at speeds of 120 kmph and at home cannot get near this while hanging out the window, however in fairness three works best for me, vodafone is not great in my area, i only live 0.5 miles from the main street in Mountrath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 User21027

I live in Borris in Ossory and i use eircom's broadband. Its €19.99 per month on the lowest download rate as i dont download a lot.

My brother lives near the pike of rushall and he has 3 wireless- th elittle stick you plug into the side of ur machine....- It works perfecly for him. Cost €20 too.

There's another option of getting a satellite dish fitted to ur roof and guarantees coverage but its a €1,000 per month!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

Hi Pineapple, I've moved to Mountrath this year and had a nightmare tryin to get broadband, (3 had no signal at all in my house) ended up going with o2 broadband, works great perfect signal,,

Are you all from Mountrath??

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pineapple*soul

hey!

so finally got around to sorting out the broadband issue. using three's USB key yoke and it's giving me some pretty good speeds, much better than I'd expected. Thanks for everyone's input fellow Moutrathians!

Advertisement