Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep looking at other women

Options
  • 24-08-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All.
    Ive been with my girl a long time, 9 years. Engaged recently. Im 32 and she's 30.
    Im wondering is it normal for a fella whos in a long term relationship to turn my head every time a sexy girl passes by? I'd go so far as to say if a sexy girl tried to seduce me I would give in very easily.
    Am I going to be like this for the rest of my life? Does it get easier as you get older? I feel like I'm missing out on something. I feel a bit trapped.
    Should I break up with my GF and let her be happy with someone else. I dont think I could do that cos Im a huge coward.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭VaioCruiser

Hi OP.

Paying attention to, and appreciating pretty girls is perfectly Normal ! and when we stop feeling like this we can pack it in.....

The real question is what we do about it.

If you feel that you are missing out and are trapped ... then if you care at all about your GF, I suggest you need to split. Forget the cowardice sh1t. You owe her after 9 years.

However ...

You say you could be easily seduced ... I wonder if this is the case. You may just be confused that you are having these feelings of noticing and appreciating other girls and not know what to do about it. You may feel better once you accept these feelings as normal and learn to distinguish between looking at a sexy girl and thinking .. 'wow... so gorgeous' - as opposed to thinking 'I want her'.

I suggest some reflection on this - and on what you want from life and how you feel about you GF.

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think you answered your own question. Break up with her and let her meet someone who loves and appreciates her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lovepink

I dont think you should feel too guilty. U are male and are going to look at other women. If you feel that something is going to develop with someone else then end it but not until you are sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

"Are you kidding me, for looking at other girls occasionally? Christ if my girlfriend didn't occasionally see guys she thought were good looking I'd think it wierd."

No not for looking obviously but if you read the OP again he said he would easily cheat if given the chance. Thats why. If he loves her how can he say that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

It really doesn't sound great that you feel trapped. i think you probably need to look into why you feel trapped. You definitely need to address this before you get married.

How often are you looking at sexy girls? Is your gf with you at the time?
    I know its ok to notice the odd pretty girl but I'd be fairly upset if my bf was looking around all the time at the talent. I'd be thinking I wasn't good enough if it was constant. It sounds like you're not into this relationship so I think you need to have a serious think about it. Its terrible that you feel you're missing out on stuff. If you were mad about this girl, then you wouldn't feel that way.

Advertisement