Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good sign?

Options
  • 24-08-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I met this amazing guy at the weekend on a night out. I'm not really a believer in love at first sight but this guy swept me off my feet!

We met late in the night and were both very merry! We caught each others eye straight away! He gave me a corney chat up line and I asked him to do better! He replied with "You have the most incredibly beautiful eyes I have ever seen" :-) (sold!!)

He then asked me for my number and said he didn't want to be all drunk around me and wanted to do this properly! He asked if he could meet me the next day, but I couldn't. So he said he might be able to meet me this week. I introduced him to my friends, and he spoke to them for a while. He also introduced me to his mate. At the very end of night, he left me saying that he had to join his friends again and he "might" text me the next day!!!! Might??? Was he just making fun?!

I text him that night after we parted saying it had been nice to meet him. When I woke up the next morning I had two messages from him. They were both sweet and the second one said that he wished he had tried to kiss me...

I texted him during the day yesterday asking him how his head was! He replied that he was tired and hoped that I had had a good weekend. He didn't ask me anything or make any arrangements to meet up again...so I just replied that I had a great weekend too and mentioned that his texts were really sweet. I didn't ask him any questions.

He hasn't replied back to that text though!!! Is this a bad sign???

I've never met anyone so sweet or who made so much eye contact with me. I've been smiling since that night:-) He didn't try it on at all either. I know you can't second guess what someone is thinking but are the signs good so far or does he sound like a charmer??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

tbh and from experience not really, but i could very well be wrong, dont text him again coz it might seem eager and wait for him to text you since you sent the last msg, he might have been very hungover and didnt send chatty msgs, just wait and see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Lay off on the texting and being too effusive. You've shown him that you are VERY interested, men like to feel that there is some element of a chase so leave it up to him now, he knows your keen.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

OP - first off, this is so cool you seem to have met a really genuine guy! i'm jealous! excellent for you though
    but you do need to chill! its only monday, i know you're excited and can't wait to meet up with him but just take it easy:D
    agree with teresa2008, just wait for him to text you.
    if he is interested, he will
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I dont think it looks too good if he didnt reply to your text or didnt ask you any questions in his text to you. In the sober light of day he might be thinking differently. Alternatively he might just not be a big texter. You'll just have to wait & see but dont text him again.

teresa2008 wrote: »
    tbh and from experience not really, but i could very well be wrong, dont text him again coz it might seem eager and wait for him to text you since you sent the last msg, he might have been very hungover and didnt send chatty msgs, just wait and see :)

He did say he was wrecked and had been out 4 nights in a row, so i'd say he was defo hungover! Irish guys generally don't usually give compliments like that in my experience...and he was sooooooo genuine! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

OP HERE wrote: »
    He did say he was wrecked and had been out 4 nights in a row, so i'd say he was defo hungover! Irish guys generally don't usually give compliments like that in my experience...and he was sooooooo genuine! :-)

Yes they do :confused: Irish men are known the world over for their charm. Certainly sounds like he charmed you.

Now I'm sure this guy could genuinely be very sweet OR he could just be good at this stuff. I

I'd lay off the contact a bit you made the effortm if he really likes you he'll will do the same

puglover wrote: »
    Yes they do :confused: Irish men are known the world over for their charm. Certainly sounds like he charmed you.

Now I'm sure this guy could genuinely be very sweet OR he could just be good at this stuff. I

I'd lay off the contact a bit you made the effortm if he really likes you he'll will do the same

Have i made too much of an effort? :-/

just do nothing or get your hopes up, what will be will be, saying that he might text you isnt a good sign, sounds like a player but you never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

It's ok to let someone know you like them but you've made it obvious now you do so no more texting him. It may be a few days until you hear from him but not texting him will make him curious and you will hear from him - ONLY if you don't come accross as overly keen to see him or send him lots of texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

No but you've put it out there so the ball is in his court now.

You seem to have very high hopes after this brief encounter. Remember he is just a guy, and you don't know really anything about him. If he doesn't get in touch it's not the end of the world

• Advertisement

puglover wrote: »
    No but you've put it out there so the ball is in his court now.

You seem to have very high hopes after this brief encounter. Remember he is just a guy, and you don't know really anything about him. If he doesn't get in touch it's not the end of the world

Good advice from you all. Ok, will get busy, calm down and get busy! Really busy! And if he does text, will wait several hours before responding! Cos i'll be busy being busy! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lovepink

It doesn't sound like he is too eager to meet. You made the first move the next day and if he was really interested, I think he would have jumped at the opportunity to ask you out. Maybe I'm wrong:confused: I hope I am cause you really seem smitten. Let us know if he texts back again. Good luck :D

any text from him?

teresa2008 wrote: »
    any text from him?

Nope, not yet...

Wouldn't worry about it. I was random texting my OH before we met up for the first time after the initial night (a few weeks actually).

He texted!!! Romance is not dead and gone in Ireland yet!

OMG!!!!! what did he say?!!!! im so glad i was wrong!!!!! yeay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭VaioCruiser

OP here wrote: »
    Nope, not yet...

Jeeez OP. I am sorry to be impatient about this but I really do not understand when good people sit back and allow life to pass them by.

Did you like him ? Do you want to see him ?

If you do then CALL HIM for goodness sakes !!

Life is too bloody short to be playing these kinds of games. How do you know he didn't have an accident ? lose his phone ? lose your number ? whatever ??? Maybe he is nervous ... maybe he has a GF...

You need to find out and get on with life.

All the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Lady Muck

op here wrote: »
    He texted!!! Romance is not dead and gone in Ireland yet!

What did it say?

Advertisement