Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biffy Clyro - That Golden Rule EP

Options
  • 24-08-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Released officially today. Anyone had a listen?

Loved the title track anyway having it heard it a while back. The rest of the songs aren't as heavy, but 'Eye Lids' in particular is excellent imo.

A handy little taster for the upcoming album.

Really like the cover as well -

14FLR38X.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,249 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Didn't know this was going to be an EP, thought it was all for the album. Gonna start listening now anyway on what I can(Youtube).

That cover, the person in the background boat, is that supposed to be the Puzzle dude(piece missing from him)? Good significance if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

EP eh?? To iTunes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Got it last night on iTunes and I've given it a good listen. Love That Golden Rule and Eye Lids especially. Prey Hey is great but not as enjoyable as Eye Lids. Not a huge fan of Time Jazz. I've also heard Bubbles and Born on a Horse. Born on a Horse is amazing. Absolutely love it. Bubbles would be on the same level as Time Jazz I think. Overall I love the new tunes.

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Does anyone else think of the Life Aquatic with Steve Zizzou when they look at the cover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

meh they need to stop using storm for artwork, he's so bland it's unreal.

TGR is ok, better than majority of puzzle.

prey hey is ****e except for the last 30 seconds.

the other two b-sides are quite piss tbh.

it's now looking like the new album will have mountains on it according to an interview with the lads in this weeks kerrang.

did i hear some one saying cha-ching.

that being said i'm looking forward to hearing a recorded version of "bubbles" which will have josh homme on guitar, surely he can make biffy sound good again i hope.

love the chord structures in them. Great ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

meh they need to stop using storm for artwork, he's so bland it's unreal.

TGR is ok, better than majority of puzzle.

prey hey is ****e except for the last 30 seconds.

the other two b-sides are quite piss tbh.

it's now looking like the new album will have mountains on it according to an interview with the lads in this weeks kerrang.

did i hear some one saying cha-ching.

that being said i'm looking forward to hearing a recorded version of "bubbles" which will have josh homme on guitar, surely he can make biffy sound good again i hope.
    That is bull****. Didn't they say Mountains wasn't going to be on an album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The whole thing is middle of the road biffy to me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

calex71 wrote: »
    The whole thing is middle of the road biffy to me :(

Me too. It is a good tune, and a million miles above Puzzle, which is f*cking horrendous, but you still get the feeling they could do a lot better.

Music once pure is now diluted eh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement