Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living with My Parents

Options
  • 24-08-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All
    Just wanted your opinion I have my own house with my ex but after we split i couldnt afford the mortgage on my own so i moved back into my folks and rented my house out. I plan to rent somewhere smaller and cheaper soon. I am embarassed to admit im back in my folks. My question is I have met someone who i like and where i live has never come up would it be a problem for u if u found out ur new partner was living in their folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭havana

You're living there for a very valid reasons and you have plans in place to get your own place. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I moved home after a break up too- it was a good opportunity to get things back on track so nothing to apologise for. It might be different if you'd never moved out or if you planned on staying there. Don't be worrying about it. And chances are if things go well with this person that will give you even more reason to get your own place. Just be honest when it comes up. And good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

I wouldn't be ashamed of that.

You went home to get yourself sorted. It's not your forever plan to live at home.

If he did care about something as silly as that he ain't worth having.

I am sure he won't bat an eyelid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Julietta

OP, I would imagine that your scenario is extremely common these days, you have absolutely nothing to be embarassed about. It would not bother me in the slightest if someone told me that this was their situation....would be handy if the someone you like had their own place though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

I am in the exact same situation as you OP. I didn't even occur to me that it might be a problem when I started seeing my current bf. As far as I'm aware he didn't think anything of it either but I'll ask him

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi OP Here
    Thanks for your replies i agree it would be lovely to have somewhere to go but i will shortly.I just fret about it but i know it would not bother me if it was the other way around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement