Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hatred for the Dockers

Options
  • 24-08-2009 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Im pretty new to AFL, i got into it about 6 months ago when i got to Oz. My GF is a dockers suporter, so i started to support them. I enjoy supporting them, surpisingly :)

I am curious about the utter distain most people have towards them though. Why do people hate them so much? I think the fans have more reason to hate them, but to me they're like a puppy, ya cant stay mad at them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah the Fockers. Horrible shower of bastards! :pac:

It's the sheer small mindedness of the supporters that does it for me. Their whole season revolves around beating the Eagles because they know they're too shit to ever challenge for the finals.

Matthew Pavlich has wasted his career at them when he could've gone east and won a Premiership. They've given up draft picks for duds in the past and it's haunting them now.

Of course, being an Eagles fan I have to hate them!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

What he said ^^^!

and they were absolutely horrible jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's the sheer small mindedness of the supporters that does it for me. Their whole season revolves around beating the Eagles because they know they're too shit to ever challenge for the finals.

Of course, being an Eagles fan I have to hate them!

The way i see it is the reason they enjoy beating the eagles, is because the eagles fans give them so much sh*t about the dockers. its a vicious circle :)

Another element of this that i have noticed is the blatent biased views of the commentators, one examle was the Dockers V Essendon match at the weekend, During the second half, the dockers were ahead by 5 or 6 goals, and essendon didnt look like coming back, so the commentators lost interest in the game, talking about other stuff about other clubs etc. And didnt even see what was goin on on the pitch!
    Then as soon as Essendon got 2 goals, (reducing the Dockers lead to 4), they got all excited about a certain comeback for Essendon, then of course the dockers got a couple back and won the game.

Now i have seen games where the roles were reversed, and the Dockers were behind, and the commentators were still interested in the game, sayin how great their team was and how **** the dockers are.

Everyone is always ready to slate the dockers when the play badly, but nobody praises them when they do well and win, e.g. against Port Adelaide a couple of weeks ago.

/Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Probably because Fremantles a kip and Perth is where its at.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Kip, you're having a laugh! Freo is a lovely town. But the team strip and victory team song are pretty silly, even by Aussie rules standards. Heave Ho! Freo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement