Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing the first 2-3 days of lectures

Options
  • 24-08-2009 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have to miss the first few days of lectures as my sister is getting married on the 7th.

Will this affect me much?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

No, I'd doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Infernon

Depends on what subjects you have and which year.But IMHO you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JoeyH

Its 1st year Bcomm.

Thats good to know.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

You're going to hell*

*j/k you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

JoeyH wrote: »
    I have to miss the first few days of lectures as my sister is getting married on the 7th.

I'm in exactly the same situation except at the end of the year: my sister is getting married in Spain on May 8th next year (right smack in the middle of my exams).

Anybody know if theres a possibility of deferring exams for reasons like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Hmm. Can't use a Extenuating Circumstances as you know about it. Only thing I can see is go to your progamme office sooner rather than later and see what they say

Hmm. Can't use a Extenuating Circumstances as you know about it. Only thing I can see is go to your progamme office sooner rather than later and see what they say

Cheers, I'll do that first thing next week. I'll be absolutely gutted if I can't sort this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

I have to miss the first week due to the fact that Tipp are in the All-Ireland Final :D

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I have to miss the first week due to the fact that Tipp are in the All-Ireland Final :D

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,206 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Haha, if they win, the first week is going to be a write-off for me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Relax, you'll be grand!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

Funglegunk wrote: »
    I'm in exactly the same situation except at the end of the year: my sister is getting married in Spain on May 8th next year (right smack in the middle of my exams).

Anybody know if theres a possibility of deferring exams for reasons like this?

I doubt they'll shift university exams to accommodate your social life.

I had a friend who had her OWN wedding to attend (booked BEFORE she started the programme) and she missed an exam because it clashed. They didn't let her take it at another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

There is no possibility of deferring exams to accommodate a social event, especially one that could have been at any time of the year.

People often arrive late for the first week of term, CAO second round offers and the like.

taz70 wrote: »
    I doubt they'll shift university exams to accommodate your social life.

I had a friend who had her OWN wedding to attend (booked BEFORE she started the programme) and she missed an exam because it clashed. They didn't let her take it at another time.

Just to clarify I wasn't asking if UCD would "shift university exams to accommodate my social life". I was asking if it was possible to sit the exam at another time, the repeat paper at the end of the summer perhaps. So to defer my sitting of the exam, rather than the exam itself...obviously. I'm not crazy enough to believe a university would do the latter.

And from your friend's experience it looks like the former isn't possible either. Not good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Funglegunk wrote: »
    the repeat paper at the end of the summer perhaps.

UCD don't do summer repeats. If you fail you do it the next Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

2-3 Days? Try missing 2-3 weeks because the good season of Stargate is on daytime TV. Ah ill miss college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

I'm gonna have to miss at least 2-3 days of lecture,
    (reason: Hangover from Debs:eek:)

Thanks guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cats-pyjamas

I once had an exam in the morning, went to my BF's wedding reception afterwards and had to get up for an exam the next day. Suck it up. I doubt extenuating circumstances will apply. After all, they'd hardly apply if you were getting married yourself, so I doubt they will apply for attending someone else's wedding

I once had an exam in the morning, went to my BF's wedding reception afterwards and had to get up for an exam the next day.

Your boyfriend's wedding reception? So your his bit on the side and you went to his wedding? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭cats-pyjamas

Your boyfriend's wedding reception? So your his bit on the side and you went to his wedding? :P

LOL! No, my best friends wedding. Unfortunate timing on her part seeing as she wanted me in the wedding, but seemed to be under the impression that we finished our exams in april or something (wedding was in may)

Advertisement