Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

change of owner question

Options
  • 23-08-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

i purchased a car on 8th august and have yet to recieve the vrc from shannon. when i recieve this i can tax my car. the car is insured and nct'd but i'm wondering do i need to get something stamped by the guards so that i don't have to pay back tax on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

No, your tax liability will be from the beginning of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Any idea how long this usually takes? I'm in the same predicament as the OP, except I bought my car on August 31st.

I was expecting the VRC to arrive in just a couple of days. I've insurance and the car doesn't need a NCT, but it's been 3 weeks now, and I'm not a fan of driving around in a non taxed car. I do have a little "note" saying that it's a new/second hand car and am awaiting documents, but I'm not sure how this will go down with the guards if I was to stopped at a checkpoint..??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,141 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Has the seller actually sent the old VRC form to the DOE in Shannon?

Give Shannon a ring and ask them if they have actually received the old VRC yet.

Guards will be fine about it, unless you meet a total pr1ck of a guard, in fairness they are very reasonable most of them.

Advertisement