Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sony car radio with USB

Options
  • 23-08-2009 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

Bought this on friday its a Sony CDX-GT33U, fitted it yesterday and I have to say I love it. Bought a 4 gig really small USB stick thats more than enough for me. The sound is great and I'm very happy in my 1990 Vectra:):):)

Just thought I'd share my glee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Buffman

Looks nice, how much?

I bought a similar radio last year in Lidl for around €80. The USB connection is very handy. I have a 32GB stick connected to it. It also has a bluetooth connection, which I find very handy.

09_15945_b.jpg

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭GTE

I got a Sony head unit too, its the blue one. I dont know its model number.
    The USB feature is great, no interference compared to the AUX in and if your one has iPod support the Sony system is pretty good!

Cheap thrills!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Buffman wrote: »
    Looks nice, how much?

09_15945_b.jpg

It was €129 I'm sure I could have got it cheaper but it was a local retailer and was getting tired of Belgian radio and missed my old tunes.

The USB stick loads up very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Have had a usb sony radio for the last two years, extremely handy indeed, hardly bother with burning CD's anymore tbh! Have a 2gb stick just for the car and i update the content from time to time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭ChristyCent

I got one of these for 60 quid a while ago very nice radio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Maybe off topic, but it would far hander if radio's they used a memory card like from a camera, as it wouldn't be sticking out then. Or they just put a few USB ports in a car for charging and for music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

BostonB wrote: »
    Maybe off topic, but it would far hander if radio's they used a memory card like from a camera, as it wouldn't be sticking out then. Or they just put a few USB ports in a car for charging and for music.
    Yea, i guess they do stick out alright but look at it this way, nearly everyone has a few usb sticks around the place whereas someone would probably only buy a SD card for a camera. Some new cars do have usb ports now, down near the ashtray or whatever. In the future, though the best way to connect an mp3 player to a car radio will be via bluetooth.

Dunno bluetooth sucks the battery dry on mobile devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Greenman wrote: »
    Bought this on friday its a Sony CDX-GT33U, fitted it yesterday and I have to say I love it. Bought a 4 gig really small USB stick thats more than enough for me. The sound is great and I'm very happy in my 1990 Vectra:):):)

Just thought I'd share my glee.

Very nice. I also have an mp3 player in my 96 VW Polo, and it's great. I never bother with the radio because it's crap, and none of the stations ever play any rock or metal, so always have my ipod hooked up to it when I'm out on long journey.

BostonB wrote: »

Some have the SD card as well, know what you mean by sticking out so I bought the tiniest USB stick I ever saw and dosen't protrude greatly.

Anyway was out in the car today and it was happy days and so handy,delighted in Belgium. :):):)

• Advertisement

Never occured to me to get one of thise tiny USB sitcks. Doh! Perfect solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

I have the USB port and the able to connect the i pod.
    So never used the usb but does the MP3s upload onto the CD player or do they just play off the stick?

Never thought of it, be handy when the i pod goes dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

May get one of these or one that has bluetooth for my phone.Hook up my WD passport sized hard drive with loads of tunes:)

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I have the USB port and the able to connect the i pod.
    So never used the usb but does the MP3s upload onto the CD player or do they just play off the stick?

Never thought of it, be handy when the i pod goes dead.

If you burn a CD with MP3s it will play it too, I like the ease of the USB stick as it so easy to update:):):)

Advertisement