Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Micra Automatic Problems

Options
  • 23-08-2009 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,
    Does anyone know anything about N-CVT Micras.
    I was driving along in my 1995 automatic Micra when suddenly the cvt light came on and about 3 seconds later the gearbox stopped working.
    My mechanic knows nothing about cvt, but we did all the checks that I found on the internet, fuses brushes and I even got a gearbox ecu which I thought would solve the problem, but no joy.
    If the belt was broken, does anyone know where it is located and where I might get a replacement belt?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sorry to tell you this, but the NCVT is a sealed unit. If something inside goes (like the steel belt) then the whole CVT unit is junk. Replacing it will probably cost more than the car is worth. Then again, if the belt did go you'd probably hear a bang. More likely an actuating motor has gone, and again that's all inside the CVT unit.

Bottom line - it's almost certainly uneconomical to repair, and finding a salvage unit with a bit of life left will be a lottery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Hi,

Any update on this? I was looking at getting one of these, since CVTs look like a great idea... but if it the Micra's CVT is completely unrepairable maybe not :(

Advertisement