Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

under counter lighting

Options
  • 23-08-2009 5:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I had 5 under counter flourescent bulbs in my kitchen, I am looking to replace them as they are very old.. has anyone got any ideas for undercounter lighting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

http://www.tradesman4electrical.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d169_Kitchen_Undercabinet_Lights.html
    fluorescent or led should be good .led may give less light.take a look in a lighting shop if possible before buying.the cfl 9w type shown has a long warm-up time.the led and fluorescent(electronic) should start fast .the led is highest-efficiency and suitable for frequent switching(on/off) afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

There are lovely neat little fluorescents to be got. Really slim and easy to fit. They can if required plug into each other to make installation easier.

They are so small that they cannot be seen under the pelmet at the bottom of your cabinets.

All the wholesalers have them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭SilverBER

IKEA do a set of 3 10W halogen cabinet downlighters including transformer for €14. Everything plugs into the transformer and there is no work to it. You can get extra lights for fiver if you need them because the transformer will run 6 in total.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ikea have some nice options alright. I've seen some nice options in Edmundsons wholesalers too, nice triangular ones

Advertisement