Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 door handle cover.. help needed

Options
  • 23-08-2009 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have a 05 Audi A4 black, the cover of the drivers door handle was broken off, I have tried a few scrap yards without luck, A new one from Audi costs a fortune... anybody any ideas on where to pick one up.....

Or any scrap yards around Offaly/westmeath/Kildare.. all help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mini mouse

Ebay??

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ferny

tried it already with no luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

try traynors up north. They have to have a black a4 door handle and they'll post it on

still no luck getting one, if anyone knows of a yard that has an audi I'd appreciate it...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MARIA O

HI,

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE OUTER METAL TRIM PLATE COVER? THIS COMES UNPAINTED FROM MAIN DEALER INC VAT EURO 19.85. THERE IS NOTHING TO STOP YOU BUYING A TOUCH UP PAINT CAN FOR 10 EURO AND SPRAYING IT YOURSELF.

• Advertisement

the handle itself works perfectly... its just a thin plastic cover that slips on over the drivers door handle, is that what you're thinking of, I was priced €80 without it sprayed....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

this fell of my uncles car in the north and Audi fixed it for free.
    ring around a few Audi dealers, i think it was a recall but Audi dealers in Ireland are to skimpy as usual,its a very common fault so some may do it as good gesture(a rare thing among car dealers these days)or try the Audi guys in the north although would it be worth your wile travelling?

same thing happened to me in 1999, i bought a 92 e36 320i from the north,my friend bought one in the south,i got a letter about a recall steering column because it was still on northern plates and they fixed it for free,my friend never heard from BMW Ireland and didn't get a recall atall. which is shocking as it was a potentially dangerous fault meaning the steering column didn't crumple properly in a crash.

sorry for going off topic btw:pac:

FERNY,

THE DOOR HANDLE COVER IS DEFINITELY 19.85 CHASSIS NUMBER REQUIRED TO ORDER SAME AS THE A4 MODEL CHANGES IN '05.

BOTH OLD AND NEW MODEL ARE DIFFERENT PARTS BUT NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE IN PRICE AS I SAID JUST BUY A TOUCH UP PAINT AND PAINT IT YOURSELF.

IF YOU RELPY WITH CHASSIS NUMBER AND WHETHER ITS DRIVERS SIDE PASSENGER SIDE FRONT OR REAR I WILL GLADLY SUPPLY YOU WITH PART NUMBER.

HI FERNY,

I ONLY NOW HAD TIME TO CHECK OUT PART NUMBER AND HAVE DISCOVERED THAT BOTH MODELS IN '05 HAVE THE SAME NUMBER
    IT'S 8E2 837 240 GRU, HOPE THIS HELPS LETS KNOW HOW YOU GET ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Sorry dont mean to high jack the thread but on a similar note, anyone know where to get hold of an arm rest for A4 to be retro fitted.

• Advertisement

HI,

WOULD NEED FULL INFO. IE YEAR OF CAR AND CHASSIS NUMBER TO CHECK THIS OUT. IT IS POSSIBLE PUT, YOU WOULD PROBABLY HAVE TO BUY CENTRE CONSOLE COULD BE LOOKING AROUND 400 -500 EURO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Have a look on www.partfinder.ie.

Girl in work here was looking for a boot for her Megane recently and managed to get one from somewhere out near Dublin Airport.

I know it took her a couple of weeks searching and calling around to find the exact model/colour but she got it eventually for next to nothing.

Hi all, Contacted Audi again and was priced €19, big change from original quote....

Thanks a million to everyone for their help and suggestions.

My car is now complete again.. wooohooooo:D

Thanks for your interest and helpful nature, nice to come across every now and then...

Cheers

Ferny

No Problem Ferny, sure isn't that what its all about.

Advertisement