Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

osteoporosis

Options
  • 23-08-2009 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im 17 female and have recently been diagnosed.It has come as a total shock and im wondering does anybody have any advice on how to best slow down progression of osteoporosis?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ottobock

If you have been diagnosed then surely u have been given treatment option.

I'm not a doctor, it's important to say.

However, I too was diagnosed with osteoporis and the treatment is Fossamax with calcium suppliments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I also think exercise is important to build bone density esp weights but you should ask you doctor about this. If your doctor is not discussing treatment options and self measures change doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 clau

How do you tolerate the fosamax? Any side efFects?
    ottobock wrote: »
    If you have been diagnosed then surely u have been given treatment option.

I'm not a doctor, it's important to say.

However, I too was diagnosed with osteoporis and the treatment is Fossamax with calcium suppliments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 clau

What are your scores? Have you been referred to a nutritionist?has the cause been found? I'm waiting for an appointment at the moment, to find the reason for mine...
    Im 17 female and have recently been diagnosed.It has come as a total shock and im wondering does anybody have any advice on how to best slow down progression of osteoporosis?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Hey there,
    I have some information on supplements etc that I felt helped my osteopenia in this thread, hope it's of some help! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76489994#post76489994

• Advertisement
Advertisement