Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Application Question

Options
  • 22-08-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Stupid question probably...

When filling in the form as an independant mature candidate do i need to fill in the details of my parents or just mine and my wifes?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Just yours and your wife's. Tick the IMC box and put a line through the qs about your folks.*

Why they can't have two seperate forms for independants and non-independants is beyond me!

*I was told this when I phoned the council as the form was making no sense. It says to fill out EVERY section but in reality you just answer the qs pertinent to your status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i strongely suggest you read the notes.
    http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1246005449/2009_10_grant_notes.pdf

there's some great information in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

mud wrote: »
    Just yours and your wife's. Tick the IMC box and put a line through the qs about your folks.*

Why they can't have two seperate forms for independants and non-independants is beyond me!

*I was told this when I phoned the council as the form was making no sense. It says to fill out EVERY section but in reality you just answer the qs pertinent to your status.

Nice one thanks!
    i strongely suggest you read the notes.
    http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1246005449/2009_10_grant_notes.pdf

there's some great information in there.

Yeah i got a hardcopy of that with my application but it doesn't answer my question unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

The notes are helpful!

I'm probably a bit "form phobic" though and found phoning the council very helpful as they appreciate that people may have problems with the forms.

Those forms aren't very user-friendly :)

Not user friendly at all. Common sense told me i didn't need to fill in those bits but you never can be sure especially as i'm so late getting mine in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, just write N/A to any sections that don't concern you.

*waves* Hi Chet! :)

Hello missus, you've been quiet lately?

I'll get to filling it out tomorrow then, i'm sure i'll be back...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Chet T16 wrote: »
    Hello missus, you've been quiet lately?

I'll get to filling it out tomorrow then, i'm sure i'll be back...

Yeah I've been trying to fill out these stupid forms!! :mad:

Advertisement