Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Afresh

Options
  • 22-08-2009 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Boardonians,

Me and my ex broke up after 5 and a half years a few months ago so I went travelling to sort my head out. I was really really gutted when she ended it but in retrospect it really makes sense. I have been with this girl since I was 16 and lived in a bubble where I never even looked at other girls.

ANYWAY, on holiday, obviously had fun being free and single but I met a girl I really like who is also from ireland. We hit it off and had a great laugh and I THINK (unsure as I have no idea how to read women......one girl actually asked me while travelling whether I was ever going to kiss her as we were flirting all night, James Bond, i am not). The girl had a boyfriend at the time so I didnt bother. Thought she was hot and cool and was just as happy to be mates with her but she recently told me her boyfriend broke up with her and we have been chatting a bit which maybe thinks she is interested. We said we would go out for a drink when I return to catch up. Do you reckon her telling me her boyfriend and her broke up means that she might be interested? It wasnt a serious relationship and we dont really know eachother that well to be talking about boyfriends and girlfriends or whatever so do you think she may have been letting me know or am I just being a retard?

Also, ladies. How do I know if I should make a move or anything? I clearly have no idea what I am doing as since i split up with my ex, anything I have done with girls has been completely them orchastrating it and I dont think that is too common. I dunno though.

Any assistance would be loverly.

Spanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I would say if you shared a connection, she asked to snog you and when you demured because of her boyfriend, then she tells you that they've split up, that's a pretty obvious statement of intent on her part. Just ask her out. What have you to lose? I mean she's been pretty overt with her signals, unless you completely misread and misheard her. Even so, what have you got to lose? Ask her out.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Ask her out before you fall into the 'friend-zone' or she starts going out with someone else.

What have you got to lose?

All the signals are there so chances are she'll say yes. If not, well at least you won't regret not asking.

I think she'll say yes though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭XarcherX

i think she has given you enough hints, don't make her have to spell it out for you, start off slow or even be a bit more flirty back and build up to asking her out that way...
    from the sounds of it she def likes you, i think she'll say yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Do you want to go out with someone who is willing to cheat on her boyfriend?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That's such a black and white response. Just because she was tempted by another person while going out with the ex bf doesn't make her a cheater. She has been dumped. She might have had her reasons and she never went through with it.

To the OP, life is for living. Go for it. You never know what'll happen and like you said, u've lived in bubble so get out there and enjoy yourself. No harm in dating this girl and seeing where it goes.

All the best. Keep us posted!!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 miss.c

I agree, you have nothing to loose and alot to gain!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

beks101 wrote: »
    Ask her out before you fall into the 'friend-zone' or she starts going out with someone else.

What have you got to lose?

All the signals are there so chances are she'll say yes. If not, well at least you won't regret not asking.

I think she'll say yes though ;)

+100 on this one - asap... this friend zone sucks...(I bloody hate it.) Time is of the essence here. Go for it.

Advertisement