Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicks Stolen in East Clare

Options
  • 22-08-2009 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi everyone,
    So I was absolutely brokenhearted this morning to discover my twelve 2 month old chicks (which i hatched out myself) had been stolen during the night. I had grown very attached to my little flock and was especially close to them since i'd ben nursing an illness they had for the past week (I had to cancel their vet appointment this morning!). I reported it to the guards and they were really helpful but i was just wondering if this kind of thing is on the increase, or if someone had had this happen to them before? We have other hens, which were of a more common breed, that remained untouched, so whoever took them knew where the chicks were housed and knew they were more rare. I think I just want to vent my anger and upset more than anything so sorry for the rant!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

ah i'm so sorry for that,, why would anyone steal chicks ? how valuable are they ,sorry i dont know much about them but when your so attached to them it just awful,,:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

What breed were they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Nymph

To be honest I don't even know how much they were worth for sure. 3 which I didn't hatch myself cost me €25 and that was with one thrown in for free. I'd say they'd be worth around €20 each when full grown. There were 3 Brahmas, 3 Favorelles, 3 Pekin Bantams, 1 Silkie, 1 Welsummer, and one which was a mix. Their cost value means nothing to me, it's the personal loss that I feel the most right now.

Advertisement